auto attendant send voice message command

Unanswered Question

I have setup a simple after hours auto attendant for incoming calls. when the business is closed we want to give the option to press 1 to leave a message. Currently the script redirects the call to the GDM which plays the GDM welcome message and allows them to leave a message. We did not want them to have to hear the GDM welcome message so I have recorded a silent message.

I noticed in the new CUE Editor 3.x there is a function called "send voice message". Am I able to change my redirect to GDM command to send voice message so that the caller can leave a message directly into the GDM without hearing the welcome message? Or have I misinterpretted the purpose of the 'send voice message' command.

Is there any other way that I should be trying to achieve this?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
David Harper Tue, 05/26/2009 - 21:29

I had to look into this a little while ago for another customer.  That editor step only allows you to send a pre-defined message as a VM, not record a message from the caller.  It is more for notifications than anything else.  Having the ability to record a messsage and drop it in a voicemail box is a roadmap item, but I do not believe it is committed to a specific release yet.

This Discussion