Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with 7936 in Call Manager 4.3

ma.romero
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have installed a Ip Phone 7936 in a cluster of call manager 4.3, and I have one problem into access to the corporate directory. The 7936 show me in the screen "server not found".

I used a LDAP of the Call Manager.

I create a user that controller this Phone.

The phone is functionally correctly except the access of Corporative Directory.

Somebody can hepl me?

Thanks for all.

a greeting.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Just curious did we run the exe for the new firmware ? or you downloaded zip file.

On the phone device page can you try putting the new phone load name and reset the phone.

do you see any error in event viewer-->application logs ? if yes let me know the event id

View solution in original post

I found this on CCO may be its related to the issue

This problem arises when the Corporate Directory in use is not the default Corporate Directory that ships with the Cisco Unified Communications Manager(CallManager). Cisco Unified IP Conference Station 7936 does not support Custom Corporate Directory. It only supports the default /CCMCIP/xmldirectory.asp.

Cisco Unified IP Conference Station 7936 does not support all XML tags listed in the IP Phone Services SDK. Also, it does not support the URLs and action tags used specifically by the ldapsearch.asp included with the Cisco IP Phone Services SDK.

In order to overcome this problem, in the Custom Corporate Directory, use the same XML format, script flow, HTML method and action as used by the default Corporate Directory that comes with Cisco Unified Communications Manager(CallManager).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a0080994299.shtml

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Thanks for all

Now, the new firmware is installed but i have a new problem.

When push buttom that it say "Corp Dir", it show me a message that say: "error condition".

What is the meaning of that?

What is firmware that you loaded ?

Does the phone shows upgraded phone load ?

The firmware is: cmterm_7936.3-3-20-0, this is the latest version to Call Manager 4.3

Just curious did we run the exe for the new firmware ? or you downloaded zip file.

On the phone device page can you try putting the new phone load name and reset the phone.

do you see any error in event viewer-->application logs ? if yes let me know the event id

I downloaded the exe file, and install in Call Manager 4.3. It can see that the new firmware is installed in the server.

I enter in the administration web page of the 7936 and i can see that the firmware of the phone is the same that i installed.

In the Event Viewer i don't see nothing.

Only appear Errors that the ID 3, but it is a registered and unregistered phones.

The phone is working ok, only i can't access to the Corporative Directory or LDAP of Call Manager to find other partners.

The LDAP is local and default.

The URLs are with IP's.

No use DNS.

I found this on CCO may be its related to the issue

This problem arises when the Corporate Directory in use is not the default Corporate Directory that ships with the Cisco Unified Communications Manager(CallManager). Cisco Unified IP Conference Station 7936 does not support Custom Corporate Directory. It only supports the default /CCMCIP/xmldirectory.asp.

Cisco Unified IP Conference Station 7936 does not support all XML tags listed in the IP Phone Services SDK. Also, it does not support the URLs and action tags used specifically by the ldapsearch.asp included with the Cisco IP Phone Services SDK.

In order to overcome this problem, in the Custom Corporate Directory, use the same XML format, script flow, HTML method and action as used by the default Corporate Directory that comes with Cisco Unified Communications Manager(CallManager).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a0080994299.shtml

I know this case.

But my Call Manager is configuring with a LDAP by default, this is the url:

- http:///CCMCIP/authenticate.asp

- http:///CCMCIP/xmldirectory.asp

- http:///CCMCIP/GetTelecasterHelpText.asp

The 7936 hasn't access to the local LDAP and it shows "error condition" when i enter in to "Corp Dir".

The rest of the phones of the cluster have access to the Corporative LDAP.

7940,7961,...All except the Conference Station 7936

Hi again,

Do I Have to install a plugin for connect with the Corporative directory?

For example, to Customer Directory is need.

Hi nesharm2,

Finally I resolve this case. I explain it in the next lines.

I have a cluster of Call Manager 4.3, one publisher and one subscriber. I install the "User Locale" to the language Spain, because, the installation in the client is in Spain and they choosen the language.

I try that the 7936 access to the Corporativer Directory and it failed, because in the System Parameters the User Locale are in Spain. I changed the User Locale to Unites States and English and the 7936 get to Corporative Directory.

It is probably that the 7936 not support other language that only is English and it is the reason by it can't access to the Corporate Directory.

I looking this bug y "bug toolkit" and i didn't find nothing.

I saw the bug of XML files, but nothing of this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: