cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC boot loader upgrade

nawas
Level 4
Level 4

WLC2100, I'm trying to upgrade the bootloader, I downloaded the file -er.aes and did the upgrade without any error and after the reboot I still see the same old boot version. I tried the same procedure twice but still the same result. Can someone tell me what could be wrong.

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Nawaz,

Just a guess here, but you may be seeing this;

The 4.2.112.0 ER.aes file is the last ER file to contain a bootloader. If you want the latest bootloader, install the 4.2.112.0 ER.aes file.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00805f381f.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

I should have mentioned this is what I have tried, I used version 4.2.112.0 ER.aes for the bootloader but when I do show sysinfo I still see 4.0.191, please see below

Manufacturer's Name.............................. Cisco Systems Inc.

Product Name..................................... Cisco Controller

Product Version.................................. 4.2.176.0

RTOS Version..................................... 4.2.176.0

Bootloader Version............................... 4.0.191.0

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Rob's right. 4.2.112.0 is the latest "true" bootloader (the others are just patches or improvements to the 4.2.112.0). So when you download the latest bootloader, 4.2.112.0 will still come up.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is from a 4402 ...

Product Version.................................. 5.2.178.0

RTOS Version..................................... 5.2.178.0

Bootloader Version............................... 4.2.112.0

Peter Nugent
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot upgrade the bootloader on a 2100 due to hardware limitations.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00805f381f.shtml

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

The ER image isn't technically the bootloader. It is an image that is loaded between the bootloader and the main image. The bootloader that is shown will update with the main image upgrade if needed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: