Views
Helpful
Replies

Send fxs calls to voicemail in case of no answer or busy tone

CrazyDonJuan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Pros,

Can I set how many time a phone connected to a fxs has to ring?

I am trying to forward this number to a voicemail server. Eventhough I have a dial-peer to forward the call,but the FXS keeps ring.

For example, I want to forward the call to voicemail after 5 rings.

1. Have the remote router which the fxs card. Set the number on the port and a Dial-peer to send the call to the voice gw.

2. Voice gateway with 2 dial-peer with different preference number.First dial-peer send call to the remote router(lower preference number).Second dial-peer with higher pref number send the calls to the voicemail server.

My questions: How can I instruct the fxs card to send the call to voicemail?

There are the dial-peers

1.voice gw

a)

dial-peer voice 2013 voip

preference 1

destination-pattern 6046779391

session target ipv4:x.x.x(remote ID)

dtmf-relay h245-signal

ip qos dscp cs5 media

no vad

!

b)

dial-peer voice 20131 voip

preference 2

progress_ind setup enable 3

translate-outgoing calling 12

no translate-outgoing called 11

voice-class codec 2

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:x.x(voice server IP)

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

playout-delay nominal 250

playout-delay mode fixed

ip qos dscp cs5 media

no vad

Remote router dial-peer

dial-peer voice 700 voip

preference 9

translate-outgoing calling 2

translate-outgoing called 2

session target ipv4:x(Voice gw IP)

dtmf-relay cisco-rtp

ip qos dscp cs5 media

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 304 pots

max-conn 1

destination-pattern 604677

port 0/2/0

!

Hope i have enough info,

Thanks in advance,

Crazy

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For this, configure CME and FXS port in SCCP mode. You will have an ephone-dn on which confgure call-forward.

There is no ccm involve, it is just a PRI and remote with a fxs port.

Thanks

CME is not CCM.

CME is something you configure on the remote and let you have the call-forwarding that you require. It is not possible to do it without, exception perhaps a custom TCL/IVR script.

Sorry, I bet!Is there a way that i can make this simple, just by configure a max ring in the PRI dial-peer?

Crazy

You can bet as you like, there is no call-forward capability in standard dial-peers.

This issue has been solved, I just needed to set timeouts rings 30 in the remote fxs ports and set max-connect to 1 in the first dial-peer in the GW side.

Thank you all for your help, I really appreciate it.

Crazy

So I have some interest in your solution.

1)Are you taking trying to configure an inbound call from FXO terminating to an FXS port, redirecting to a SIP destination after a certain number of rings?

2)And if you have already made this work, can you label your config as I cant quite figure out what you are doing from what you posted before.

The only way I can think of doing this is to have a hunt group configured with an ephone & fxs port, and having that ring through to voicemail on a fast busy no answer. But I think if you have plar engaged on the fxo side then you essentially have a supervised call.

sfriday02
Level 1
Level 1

I actually solved this one....

1) you simply have to load plar on the FX0 inbound port, and reroute to either a dn (extension) or a third party sip trunk(ie a dial peer).

2) once the ephone extension rings, then you can busy no answer forward.

3) or you can hard forward to a voice mail system.

Code:

voice-port 0/2/3 (an FXO port)

connection plar 00001 (this has sccp take control of the inbound call and forward to an extension)

caller-id enable

!

Otherwise you need an ATA... which is a preferred solution actually, as its actually an voip extension, which just happens to ring an analog port.

But I suppose you could have a plar transfer to an ephone, and then after three rings or something then roll to voice mail...which is easy enough done. But it had nothing to do with what you wrote up above unfortunately.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: