cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MARS Rules not firing using 6.0.3 (parched version)

nomair_83
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I need to create a rule where MARS can send an email to admin when any port is down

but when I try by shutting down the test port, MARS is firing system rule "Network config changes".

So I have two problems custom rule not firing and email alert.

email address is configured in action tab.

Thanx

Screen shot of custom rule is attached.

3 Replies 3

nomair_83
Level 3
Level 3

Hmm not it seems that rule is firing but still admin can not recieve email alert about that incident.

Can anything be emailed from the MARS box? Try scheduling a report to be run and have it sent to yourself. All I am suggesting is that you rule out whether your email server is not accepting mail from MARS.

Hope this helps.

As Paul stated, you first have to check if email notification is configured properly. For example you might need to Add the MARS IP address in your SMTP server to allow it to relay.

Then instead of trying this on a custom rule, take one of the built-in rules you know fires a lot on your network. 'Clone' it and add the email action to it. Everytime the incident fires you will see this 'Email Admin' action under the 'Actions' field on the 'Incidents' page.

Regards

Farrukh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: