cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Password Recovery on Unity Express CLI

clark-computers
Level 1
Level 1

I can access Unity Express on the GUI, but I am unable to log into a CLI session on the service-module - GUI administrator login does not work.

How can I recover the CLI username/password?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Are you running AAA on the router? Can you create a local user on the router and try to login with this username/password?

Brandon

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you being asked for a username/password after "service-module service-enging 0/0 session"? If so, check the line for the CUE module. In your router config, along with "line vty 0 4", etc you will have something similar to "line 194". Is this line set to require a login? If so, remove the login command.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

No login command, I'm afraid. Here's my line config:

line con 0

no modem enable

line aux 0

line 2

no activation-character

no exec

transport preferred none

transport input all

line vty 0 4

access-class 23 in

transport input ssh

line vty 5 100

access-class 23 in

transport input ssh

Stu

Are you trying to get to the CUE module CLI from the router? Are you being prompted for username/password after "service-module service-enging 0/0 session"? Is it prompting for username/password or just password?

Brandon

Yes I am, and I'm being prompted for both the username and the password.

Are you running AAA on the router? Can you create a local user on the router and try to login with this username/password?

Brandon

Perfect! Thanks...

I'm facing similar issue, however its Prompting just the Password.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Did you check your line configuration? For example:

line 194
login
transport preferred nonetransport input all

Do you see the "login" command as above? If so, remove this command using "no login"

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: