cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

device discovery on LMS 2.6

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

I have excluded more than 1000 devices and that working fine however there are few devices excluded from LMS but keep discovered them and try to manage them. these devices excluded just like other devices by ip address and host name. is their any possible cause exclude not effectively working on these devices?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What have you done to exclude the devices? If you create a DCR exclude list, even though they may be found by Discovery, they will not be added to DCR, and thus not managed by other LMS applications.

first I did exclude them using CM device exclude (DCR Exclude), that way the initial list created after that I am updating the exclude file manually by adding the ip address/host name that works fine.I have more than 50 device added on such a way, however I have another 5-6 devices exclude the same way,they are discover on DCR and RME keep trying to archive the config and failed. which I don't want RME to do anything with this devices.I did remove from the DCR and run device discovery 3-4 time keep discover and added on DCR.

What does your current DCR exclude list look like? What are the DCR attributes for the devices that are added to DCR which should not be?

Thanks Joe, I have found the problem,on the last line of exclude file was looks like this "10.10.10.10;End of CSV file" so I have added "," between 10 and ; and now looks like "10.10.10.10,;End of CSV file" now everything properly excluded. I think some point may be"," deleted accidentally.thanks a lot for your time!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: