cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring T1 CSU/DSU with PPP

skhirbash
Level 1
Level 1

We recently subscribed to 2 T1 (PPP) ckts through a service provider and were provided with the static IP addresses and ecapsulation type (PPP). I have installed 2 T1 (CSU/DSU) modules but I need to ensure that I have the correct configurations on these modules. Could someone please assist me in providing me with what I need to configure on the interfaces?

Thanks in advance,

sK

4 Replies 4

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you post a show inventory so we can see what type of cards you have?

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

sK

The syntax of what you need to configure varies somewhat based on what platform you are configuring. If you would tell us what model of router this is and what cards they are we might be able to give more specific advice. In general the things that you need to have in the config would include clock source, timeslots, framing (usually esf), and linecode (usually b8zs), encapsulation ppp, and IP address and mask.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Here is output of sho invt:

NAME: "2851 chassis", DESCR: "2851 chassis"

PID: CISCO2851 , VID: V04 , SN:

NAME: "WAN Interface Card - DSU/CSU T1 Fractional (V2)", DESCR: "WAN Interface Card - DSU/CSU T1 Fractional (V2)"

PID: WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 , VID: 1.2, SN:

NAME: "NME-XD-48ES-2S-P: EtherSwitch SM 48 10/100T PoE + 2 SFP", DESCR: "NME-XD-48ES-2S-P: EtherSwitch SM 48 10/100T PoE + 2 SFP"

PID: NME-XD-48ES-2S-P , VID: V01 , SN:

Thanks,

sK

Great, thanks. Your config will be straight forward since you don't have to configure the CSU/DSU.

interface s0/0/0

no ip address

encapsulation ppp

multilink

ppp multilink group 2

interface s0/0/1

no ip address

encapsulation ppp

multilink

ppp multilink group 2

interface Multilink2

description MLPPP Link

ip address [YOUR IP]

ppp multilink

ppp multilink links maximum 4

ppp multilink group 2

ppp multilink fragment disable

Hope that helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card