Views
Helpful
Replies

PromptException not thrown on non-US English prompts

Steven Griffin
Level 4
Level 4

All,

I am running into an issue with the Play Prompt step on UCCX 5.0(2)SR1. I am trying catch a PromptException when I try to play a non-existent prompt using the es_US (US Spanish) language. A prompt with the same name does exist in the en_US (US English) folder and it plays that instead of throwing an exception.

To ensure I've set things up correctly:

I have the used the SetContactInfo step to change language to es_US before I play the prompt.

I have es_US as the group default under the Spanish language.

I have the Play Prompt step set to No for the Continue on Prompt Errors section.

I have the On Exception Goto setup setup to catch the PromptException before I play the prompt.

Is this standard behavior, am I running into a bug, did I forget something, or am I not catching the right exception? Is there any other way to be notified(I.E catch an exception) if a prompt doesn't exist in a language other than US English?

Thanks in advance.

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!
2 Replies 2

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

While trying to play the prompt from the user repository first it will look for the prompt in the locale prompt folder i.e es_US selected by you during execution of the application. In case not able to find the same there, it will look into the "default" folder for the same.

Thus make sure that your prompt is not present under es_US or default folder during the execution of the application.

The prompt does not exist in the default folder but it does exist in the en_US folder. Why it is finding the en_US prompt when I set my language to es_US is the puzzle.

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: