cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 6.0.5.1000-13 phone status with sametime.

erictalbot
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've successfully install CUPC with CUPS and phone status is working properly.

However when i use it with Lotus SAMETIME connect it does not. I'm using eric.talbot for the phone status in the plug in and i am using eric.talbot@domain.com in the internet address of lotus notes. So both should match.

I've attached here the problem report.

14 Replies 14

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Based on the message "no presentity extracted for person 0" in the trace, you have a mismatch on the "internet Mail ID".

Go to your Sametime server (http://ip-address/stconfig.nsf). Check the "internet mail ID" for the user. See if the user ID portion of it matches with the CUCM user ID? Don't forget it's case-sensitive as well.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Well this part is not clear in my mind.

Internet Mail ID refers to the email address and this has nothing to do with sametime authentication, however i made it exactly the same as my CUPC login (erictalb).

Sametime authentication is based on the Full UserName field, therefore i've put erictalb in there, since then when i log on sametime, i use the same login ( erictalb) as i use in CUPC and it still does not change the phone status when it goes off hook.

you will also noticed that "no presentity extracted for person 0" is no longer listed in this problem report. ( Make sure you look at what is after 11oclock )

What should i see, a handset next to my name in sametime ?

phone presence has nothing to do with ST login. I can log into ST as user A and connect to presence as user B.

while troubleshooting presence, we need to distinguish "watcher" and "watchee".

You logged in as erictalb. I'm assuming you're the watcher. Who is the watchee (who are you watching)?

Based on the log, user "arthtalb" should be displayed as "on the phone".

arthtalb

Based on the message below, ST Client recieved the presence info:

open

sip:1153@10.34.6.77:5060;dpkid=fbceecf4-ac07-469e-93ed-35c2e4090a90;npkid=fe7f5cc2-0f40-49b5-8a77-95245e225002

Cisco 7912

2009-05-27T12:37:50Z

What's the "Internet Mail ID" for "arthtalb"?

Michael

arthtalb is another CUPC user but at the time i created the problem report he was not logged on CUPC and he is not even in my list of contact ( in sametime ).

The WATCHEE is erictalb

The WATCHER is ANY lotus sametime user

Does it mean that i need the plug in to see phone status of a remote users ? Standard Lotus SAMETIME users won't be able to see it ?

I guess we need more specific information to troubleshoot that.

1) Watchee is the one being watched. If erictalb is the watchee, his logs are not going to help us identify the problem. Because we need the logs from the watcher.

By looking at the watcher's log, we can determine if erictalb's presence info was delivered to watcher or not.

2) Watcher is the person that watching the erictalb. If the watcher is ANY lotus sametime user, then you have to collect the trace from 'ANY' lotus sametime user (except for erictalb).

Hopefully it'll give you some idea what we are looking for.

Michael

Thanks for your reply, it took a little time to configure a second workstation with the plug ins for sametime installed. I took for granted that any sametime without the plug ins would see the phone status but i understand now that it is not like this.

Therefore the WHATCHER is erictalb

The WATCHEE ( being WATCHED ) is arthtalb

the Sip notify information is send to erictalb correctly, i can see it with Wireshark.

However when i create a problem report i see this :

13265:

13266:

13281:

13282:

13283:

17213:

17214:

17215:

Thefore i remember what you said about using the INTERNET MAIL ID and i've set arthtalb accordingly in the name and address book of the sametime server, ( There's no INTERNET MAIL ID fields in SAMETIME but what else could it be ? ) :

internet address

short name/userID

and the username

but still no luck !?

The previously stated error messages were given even after these 3 fields were modified in the name and address book of the sametime server.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry, it's the "Internet Address" on Sametime server.

PCAP (Phone Control and Presence) plug-in get "Internet Address" from Sametime server. Then depends on the configuration, it would use either the whole email address (e.g. htluo@cisco.com) or just the user ID portion of the email address (e.g. htluo) to subscribe to CUPS.

From your logs, it looks like whole email address was used. And I don't think your CUPS/CUCM user IDs were in the format of "htluo@cisco.com".

I'd recommend you re-run the ciscocfg.exe and choose "UserID" option on presence.

Michael

Thanks for your help, it is the internet address. I changed the option in ciscocfg.exe and it fixed it.

This lead me to a problem though. The end user's login name in CUPS and CUCM is not the same as their email addresses. This is because i use Active Directory for login names instead of the Domino Directory. Is there anybody out there who integrated the CUCM & CUPS with the domino directory through LDAP instead of using Active Directory ??

thanks ,

The version you're running can only map user ID to "internet address".

The new version (should be available very soon) can map user ID to many other attributes.

Is there any attribute in your Domino directory that matches with the CUCM user ID?

Michael

Yes, the "FullName" contains several things, the Canonical Name and the CUCM user id.

Thanks for your help, that was very helpful.

Hello, Michael

Could you please answer some questions regarding ST&CUPS integration?

1) Are we only limited to one "off-hook" presence icon when using Sametime? I meen is ist poosible to see "on-hook" or "ringing"?

2) Integration Note for plugin v. 7.0 states that we can

Specify which user identifier in Sametime to use to subscribe to user phone status on the Cisco Unified Presence server:

-Use User ID-the uid field in the contact ID, if available. Otherwise, the username portion of the e-mail address.

-Use E-mail Address-the full e-mail address (typically, [Username]@[Domain])

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucibmlotus/cpcap/7x/english/integration/guide/cpcapig.html

Sametime server and CUPS/CUCM both point to the same AD LDAP server in my lab environment. However, it seems that presence plugin skeeps checking this uid field and can only deal with username part of email address. So, Is it possible to specify which LDAP attribute to use as "uid field"?

Thanks in advance!

1) On the new version (7.1.x) plug-in, you may see "on-hook" and "off-hook". You cannot see ringing.

2) On the new version (7.1.x) plug-in, you can map any attribute in LDAP.

Thanks!

Michael

That sounds great!

Hope we'll see this release soon.

Thanks,

Timur

oups, click twice the post button

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: