Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dot1x integrate with IP Phone Nortel

Hello,

I have configured 802.1x in a wired network and this work ok, but my problem is that my IP Telephony is Nortel. How i can integrate?? 802.1x and Nortel IP Phone.

Best Regards

8 Replies 8

other detail is that I have ACS, i have to set "device-traffic-class=voice" in Cisco-AVPair?? please help me.

The Diagram

ACS<-->Switch Cisco<-->Ip Phone Nortel>-->PC

Best Regards

Hello,

are you sure that IP Phone Nortel working with 802.1X of Cisco Switch + ACS??

Please confirm this or if you have any example because the link is over cisco IP Phone.

Best Regards

Nortel Phones do work with dot1x (MDA)authentication, using Cisco switches and ACS. I have configured nortel 1140E phones, with Cat 3560's and 4500's using ACS.

Let me know if you have any questions

Hello,

Yes i have a question.... how do you do??? how you configure the ACS to IP Telephony Nortel???

Thank you

My experience is with the Nortel 1140E and 1110 IP Phones, Catalyst 3560 and 4510R, and using ACS 3.3.1, but I'm sure the setup will be similar.

First you need to configure your Nortel Phone for dot1x authetication, I'm assuming you know how to access the network configuration for your Nortel Phone - and its best that you use the latest version of firmware for your phone.

In the network configuration of your Nortel phone make the following changes

EAP mode:MD5

ID1: IP_Phone_Username

ID2: LEAVE BLANK

Pasword: IP_Phone_Password

Enable 802.1ab: Leave unchecked

DHCP: Yes - If you are using DHCP server

CA Server: LEAVE BLANK

DOMAIN NAME: LEAVE BLANK

HOSTNAME: LEAVE BLANK

S1 IP: IP Address of your signalling server

Port: 4100 (this is the default)

S1 Action: 1

Retry: 3

All other settings leave their defaults, but ensure

VoiceVLAN: Auto

Control DSCP: 40 (Best practice)

Media DSCP: 46 (Best practice)

Once you've done that we can move on to the next step, which is configuring the ACS server settings.

Hopefully this will get you started.

Hello,

how do you register the IP PHONE? it's the same to Cisco IP PHONE???

Best Regards

Although I have no experience with Cisco IP phone provisioning, I doubt registering the phones are done the same way. If you are not familiar with prosioning an Nortel IP Phone using Element Manager for your CS1000, then I cant help you much there as my Telecom Tech took care of those details.

So unfortunately I can only guide you through the network configuration in order to get dot1x (MDA) working with Nortel IP phones.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: