cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dial-peers with hundreds of numbers...

accu-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have to handle roughly 400 numbers to go out different ports. I have only dealt with single T1's in the past and don't know where to start with the dial-peers in an implementation this big. How does one create dial-peers for such a large group of numbers when the numbers aren't related close enough to match with wildcards and similar tactics? The inbound call leg will be SIP and outbound will be TDM. Can someone point me in the right direction?

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There's no magic technique. If you can't group the numbers by virtue of patterns, you will have to create individual DPs.

Fortunately, there's no hard limit the number of these.

The alternative would be using a gatekeeper, but that just shift the configuration burden to another place.

Do you know how the formula works? I am looking here: http://supportwiki.cisco.com/ViewWiki/index.php/How_to_determine_the_maximum_number_of_dial-peers_that_can_be_configured_on_a_router. Is the "free memory" in bytes?

In this would I use 75003216? This can't be right.

Head Total(b) Used(b) Free(b) Lowest(b) Largest(b)

Processor 628C9BF0 91448336 16445120 75003216 74494428 73737912

I/O 40000000 16777216 7430036 9347180 9207844 9204332

You can keep creating dial peers until you use 70% of your free memory. (Forgive me if the percentage is off, it's high).

What is probably better than directly routing 400 numbers on the gateway is to add prefixes on the numbers before they get to your gateway. Then, strip the prefix and route it out the correct port.

If there is no way to do that, then yes, you'll be doing some copy and pasting.

-nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: