cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.0.1 Subscriber Slow Login

efrazee
Level 1
Level 1

I have unity 5.0.1 recently upgraded to TSP 8.3.1 and ES74. After the upgrade a couple of users get about a 20 second delay after they enter their password. I have determined that the users with the issue have very large mailboxes. Aside from cleaning up mailboxes does anyone know if a fix for this issue?

12 Replies 12

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Eric,

Unfortunately there's really not much you can do except size down the inboxes. If it's unified, you can suggest the users move messages out of the inbox (of course they won't be able to listen to them on the phone) to a .pst. If it's voice mail only, then you may want to leverage the Message Store Manager tool to help enforce message ages etc:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_MSM.htm

One of the earlier ESes in 5.x actually improved the process of how search folders in Exchange are used to be more efficient, so you're at the best possible position as far as a code fix is concerned at this point.

In most cases, after the delay is waited out, subsequent logons are of normal response time.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are the subscribers homed on Exchange 2007 by any chance?

Released versions of Cisco Unity 5.0 and 7.0 did not make use of Exchange Search Folder indexing for subscribers homed on Exchange 2007.

The following defect was created at the time "CSCsd19188 - Exchange 2007 Search folders broke". At that time the issue was addressed by simply not using search folders for subscribers homed on Exchange 2007.

Recently we received a hotfix from Microsoft that when applied to the Cisco Unity server, along with a Cisco Unity Engineering Special, Cisco Unity can now make use of Exchange 2007 Search Folders.

CSCsd19188 has been re-addressed in the lastest Cisco Unity 7.0(2) Engineering Specials and requires the Microsoft Hotfix to take affect.

Subscribers are homes on an exchange 2007 box. The strange thing is the subscribers were previously homed on exchange 2007. It wasnt until after the ES74/TSP 8.3.1 upgrade when the issue started. In my situation will have to upgrade to Unity 7.0(2) to resolve the issue.

Thank you

Subscribers are homed on an exchange 2007 box. The strange thing is the subscribers were previously homed on exchange 2007. It wasnt until after the ES74/TSP 8.3.1 upgrade when the issue started. In my situation will have to upgrade to Unity 7.0(2) to resolve the issue.

Thank you

Subscribers are homed on an exchange 2007 box. The strange thing is the subscribers were previously homed on exchange 2007. It wasnt until after the ES74/TSP 8.3.1 upgrade when the issue started. In my situation will I have to upgrade to Unity 7.0(2) to resolve the issue.

Thank you

I tried to access that bug ID but got an error that it details were only available to cisco employees. What ES and Microsoft hotfix do I need to apply to resolve the 5.0.1 issue? If I upgrade to 7.0 will that resolve the issue.

Thank you in advance

I would open a TAC case and put in a request to have the fix ported back to a Cisco Unity 5.0(1) Engineering Special. The request will be evaluated and if it is architecturally possible from a code perspective to port the code backwards without introducing new issues, the fix will likely be ported to a 5.0(1) Engineering Special. Alternatively you can upgrade to 7.0(2) and apply the latest Engineering Special as Engineering Specials are now cumulative.

Link to the Microsoft KB article for the Microsoft Hotfix

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957593

Seems like this hotfix is only realted to Exchange 2003, we are on 2007.

It is a bit misleading, but Cisco Unity 5.0(1) and 7.0(2) use the Exchange 2003 System Management Tools hence MAPI 2003 to communicate with both Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007.

This was the reolution to my issue.

CSCse72547 Bug Details

I was experiencing the same silent delay after entering a VM password in the TUI.

I searched for the Bug CSCse72547 on the Cisco website in the bug toolkit.

It referred to a delay experienced when the Voice Recognition server or app is unavailable.  Apparently, after you enter your VM password, Unity attempts to connect to the Voice Recognition and then the Exchange Server.

In my case, the Voice Recognition appliance had lost power.

To see if that is your problem, log into the Unity System Administration and change the Voice Recognition server address to "0.0.0.0".  That bypasses that step and will help identify if the Voice Recognition is the source of the delay.

Hope that helps!

alsaqr72
Level 1
Level 1

We had similar issue. Slow access to VM. It turns out that our Anti-Virus on Exchange was slowing it and do a deep check on VM access.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: