cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will 4404 controllers support Cisco Office extend?

spirotsares
Level 1
Level 1

We just purchased a 4404 controller. The document below states 4404 controllers have the capability to be upgraded to the new 6.0 software which supports Office extend. Does anyone have any idea whether it will be possible to purchase a wplus (wireless plus) license to enable office extend on a 4404 controller?

Thanks

According to the The Software release bulletin

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps6302/ps8322/ps10315/product_bulletin_c25-530367_ps10315_Products_Bulletin.html

5 Replies 5

Peter Nugent
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I dont believe office extend is available except with 5508 controllers

Peter Nugent
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I dont believe office extend is available except with 5508 controllers

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Spiro,

Pete is correct here (+5 points Pete :)

Here are two references to this fact;

The OfficeExtend consists of remote site and corporate office components.

The components at the remote site are:

• A router with an Internet connection

• Cisco Aironet® 1140 Series or Cisco Aironet 1130AG Series Access Point

• Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone (optional)

The corporate office components are:

• Cisco 5500 Series Wireless LAN Controller with WirelessPLUS software

• Cisco Wireless Control System

• Cisco Secure Access Control Server

Cisco OfficeExtend

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns340/ns517/ns430/solution_overview_c22-523307.html

Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers: New Features***

This release introduces the Cisco 5500 Series Wireless Controller, a highly scalable and flexible platform that enables systemwide services for mission-critical wireless in medium-sized to large enterprises and campus environments. Table 2 describes the new Cisco Wireless LAN Controller features available with this release. These features are supported by Cisco 2100, 4400 and 5500 Series Wireless LAN Controllers; Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series WiSM and 7600 Series Router; Cisco WLCM and WLCM-E for integrated services routers; and the Cisco Catalyst 3750G

Integrated Wireless LAN Controllers. ***Cisco WirelessPLUS software is available only on the Cisco 5500 Series Wireless Controllers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps6302/ps8322/ps10315/product_bulletin_c25-530367.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: I think we will be taking a serious look at moving to the 5500 series.

Thanks! Have you guys seen any reference pertaining to the router mentioned as part of the remote site office. Is it specific model router you would have to purchase seperately? Usually if it is model specific Cisco will mention the part numbers as they've done for all the other components of the architecture.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Any router that can do VPN will do fine.

Regarding Office Extend feature, it is correct that this is a new "feature" with the new 5508 controller running the new IOS, 6.X. No one as yet knows if the Office Extend feature will be extended to the WLC200/2100, 4400 or the WiSM. I am suspecting that because Office Extend is a license feature, I have no doubt that this will be exclusive to the 5508.

Because the 5508 can AP support license can support 25, 50, 100 and 250, anticipate the End-Of-Sale announcement of the WLC 2100 and the WLC 4400.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card