cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using both a,g radio on same bridge

umdciscologin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a customer with 2 x 1242AG access points, in bridge mode, one at each end, using the "G" radio for a 1.7km link. Connection is at 54mb and is working fine. Customer now wants higher throughput as is only getting 12mb real throughput across this link. The question has been asked if it possible to create a second link using the "A" radio and aggregate the two links, or separate using an individual vlan for each radio bridge. Is this possible, or will we need to deploy a second set of AP's to get the same result. Thanks

5 Replies 5

mrolison
Level 1
Level 1

I actually had this thought a few months back and tested it. The answer is yes! A did a voice vlan and data vlan that appeared on both radios. I then used spanning tree to "force" the traffic of each vlan to each separate radio. The beauty of this is that if one radio goes down spanning tree will unblock the traffic for that vlan and allow traffic on the other radio. I have the configs from each AP and will post when I find them.

Hello, thanks for the quick reply, yes that would be great if you could provide me with the configs for each AP. So to be clear, want to associate each radio to it's own vlan, it will be interesting to see how you have used spanning tree to do this. Thanks again

I wonder if you can do this with a 1252, 802.11n, and bonded channels...

Were you ever able to find the configs and post them?

yes , it is possible . e.g you can combine three 2 Mbps links to get combined throuput of 6 .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: