Regarding CCNP recertification

Answered Question
May 27th, 2009

Hi All,

My CCNP certification is going to expire on 30th May 2009. Today, on 27th May 2009, I have passed BGP paper from CCIP stream (642-661). Now will my CCNP get recertified now onwards or do I have to clear all other CCIP papers within a year, then along with CCIP, CCNP will also get recertified.

Regards

Amit

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by rob.huffman about 7 years 6 months ago

Hi Amit,

You are most welcome my friend! Your CCNP has been renewed for 3 years from the day you passed the CCIP 642 Level BGP Exam, so you are good to go.

You also need to know that you have 3 years to clear the rest of the CCIP papers and achieve that great cert as well :)

Cheers!

Rob

Correct Answer by rob.huffman about 7 years 6 months ago

Hi Amit,

Yes, any 642 Professional Level exam (which the 642-661 is) will recertify your CCNP :)

Cisco Systems Announces Recertification Policy Update for Professional-Level Certification

Certification Holders Who Pass Any Professional Level Certification Exam Will Recertify Their Active CCNP, CCDP, CCIP, CCSP, or CCVP Certifications

SAN JOSE, Calif., August 15, 2006 - Cisco Systems® today announced that effective Aug. 18, 2006, individuals who hold an active Cisco® CCNP®, CCDP®, CCIPTM, CCSP®, or CCVP® certification will recertify their professional-level certifications when they pass any other Cisco professional-level certification exam. Certification holders will continue to re-certify their professional level certifications when they pass any CCIE written exam.

"The proliferation of advanced technologies such as network security has significantly increased the knowledge base required of networking professionals," said Don Field, director of certifications at Cisco. "The expanded professional level re-certification policy recognizes certification holders who have taken steps to diversify their networking knowledge and skills to keep pace with today's evolving networking environment."

Cisco requires that all professional-level certifications be re-certified every three years. This policy helps to maintain the integrity of Cisco certifications by verifying that those who hold active Cisco certifications possess up-to-date expertise.

http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/2006/prod_081506b.html

CCNP, CCDP, CCIP, CCSP & CCVP certifications Complete one of the following recertification options:

Pass any 642 exam that is part of the professional level curriculum after 01/01/06

Pass any current CCIE or CCDE written exam.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/learning_about_recertication.html#ccnp_ccdp_ccip_ccsp_ccvp

Cisco professional level certifications (CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, and CCIP) are valid for three years. To recertify, pass any 642 exam that is part of the professional level curriculum or any CCIE/CCDE written exam before the certification expiration date.

Achieving or recertifying any of the certifications above automatically extends your active Associate and Professional level certification(s) up to the point of expiration of the last certification achieved.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le10/learning_certification_type_home.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Overall Rating: 4.5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
rob.huffman Wed, 05/27/2009 - 04:25

Hi Amit,

Yes, any 642 Professional Level exam (which the 642-661 is) will recertify your CCNP :)

Cisco Systems Announces Recertification Policy Update for Professional-Level Certification

Certification Holders Who Pass Any Professional Level Certification Exam Will Recertify Their Active CCNP, CCDP, CCIP, CCSP, or CCVP Certifications

SAN JOSE, Calif., August 15, 2006 - Cisco Systems® today announced that effective Aug. 18, 2006, individuals who hold an active Cisco® CCNP®, CCDP®, CCIPTM, CCSP®, or CCVP® certification will recertify their professional-level certifications when they pass any other Cisco professional-level certification exam. Certification holders will continue to re-certify their professional level certifications when they pass any CCIE written exam.

"The proliferation of advanced technologies such as network security has significantly increased the knowledge base required of networking professionals," said Don Field, director of certifications at Cisco. "The expanded professional level re-certification policy recognizes certification holders who have taken steps to diversify their networking knowledge and skills to keep pace with today's evolving networking environment."

Cisco requires that all professional-level certifications be re-certified every three years. This policy helps to maintain the integrity of Cisco certifications by verifying that those who hold active Cisco certifications possess up-to-date expertise.

http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/2006/prod_081506b.html

CCNP, CCDP, CCIP, CCSP & CCVP certifications Complete one of the following recertification options:

Pass any 642 exam that is part of the professional level curriculum after 01/01/06

Pass any current CCIE or CCDE written exam.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/learning_about_recertication.html#ccnp_ccdp_ccip_ccsp_ccvp

Cisco professional level certifications (CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, and CCIP) are valid for three years. To recertify, pass any 642 exam that is part of the professional level curriculum or any CCIE/CCDE written exam before the certification expiration date.

Achieving or recertifying any of the certifications above automatically extends your active Associate and Professional level certification(s) up to the point of expiration of the last certification achieved.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le10/learning_certification_type_home.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

amit_temkar Wed, 05/27/2009 - 04:41

Thanks Rob. This is really helpful to me. I am now relaxed :).

Just want to know one more thing. Now I have given one paper which is part of professional level curriculum (CCIP strem), after this if I don't give any other papers, will my CCNP still get recertified with validity of 3 years.

Or I have to clear all papers of that professional level curriculum (CCIP in this case) within 1 year from today.

Regards

Amit

Correct Answer
rob.huffman Wed, 05/27/2009 - 05:26

Hi Amit,

You are most welcome my friend! Your CCNP has been renewed for 3 years from the day you passed the CCIP 642 Level BGP Exam, so you are good to go.

You also need to know that you have 3 years to clear the rest of the CCIP papers and achieve that great cert as well :)

Cheers!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion