Views
Helpful
Replies

Peer Info for x.x.x.x not found error

slongewa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm running into an error and I hope someone can help. On AT&T I have a site-to-site VPN connection that works fine between a PIX 501 and a PIX 515. When I change ISP's to Comcast however, I begin to get an error "peer info for x.x.x.x not found." Does anyone know why changing ISP's would cause this error or what i can do to troubleshoot it? Any help that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated as I am a bit stumped.

Thanks,

Steve

2 Replies 2

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

NAT-Traversal or NAT-T allows VPN traffic to pass through NAT or PAT devices, such as a Linksys SOHO router. If NAT-T is not enabled, VPN Client users often appear to connect to the PIX or ASA without a problem, but they are unable to access the internal network behind the security appliance.

If you do not enable the NAT-T in the NAT/PAT Device, you can receive the regular translation creation failed for protocol 50 src inside:10.0.1.26 dst outside:10.9.69.4 error message in the PIX/ASA.

Similarly, if you are unable to do simultaneous login from the same IP address, the Secure VPN connection terminated locally by client. Reason 412: The remote peer is no longer responding. error message appears. Enable NAT-T in the head end VPN device in order to resolve this error.

Note: With Cisco IOS Software Release 12.2(13)T and later, NAT-T is enabled by default in Cisco IOS.

Here is the command to enable NAT-T on a Cisco Security Appliance. The 20 in this example is the keepalive time (default).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_tech_note09186a00807e0aca.shtml#Solution1

I have NAT-T Enabled, but am still running into the issue. Any additional ideas on what would be causing this error?

Thanks,

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: