Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 and discovery issue

ppoiron
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm installing a LMS 3.1 Windows 2003 to replace a LMS 2.6.

I got some issues on discovery process:

- discovery sometimes does not finish

- MSFC2 card are not discovered by their loopback address but by another IP address

- when I started twice discovery process, results are differents (not the same devices are discovered).

I saw that many bugs exist on LMS 3.1

Do you know if there is an available patch for those issues ?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Patrice

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The two bugs responsible for Discovery not finishing will be fixed in LMS 3.2 due out early this summer. A patch for one of the bugs (CSCsv42110) is available from the TAC. The other bug can be easily worked around by making sure all Discovery debugging is disabled.

The discovery by loopback is user-configurable. You need to make sure that is how you chose to do the management address resolution in the Discovery settings. The algorithm will pick the loopback interface with the highest IP address. This is different than LMS 2.6 which chose the loopback with the lowest IP.

You may be seeing different sets of devices discovered due to network issues (e.g. latency, temporarily unreachable nodes, etc.).

I tried many Discovery settings without success.

Sometimes, when I started a new discovery, it didn't find any devices (very strange).

So, I got some problems with this new discovery settings between use of modules or global discovery.

We decided to keep LMS 2.6 now until discovery issues will be fixed.

Do you know if upgrade 3.1 to 3.2 version is free and is possible via an upgrade patch ?

The upgrade to LMS 3.2 will be free for contracted 3.1 users. I believe the upgrade will be DVD-only, and you will need to go to http://www.cisco.com/upgrade/ to request it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: