cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help to free disk space on CM4.1

shzhang
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody know if I can delete file CDR_LOG.LDF to free space in order to run DMA? How does this affact the DMA process? Thanks for any help!

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mciarfello
Level 4
Level 4

Don't DELETE FILES. If CAR is installed or was ever installed, you can purge the CDR records and the CAR stuff that way.

You can also write an SQL script to delete records, probably compact the databases, etc.

You can also have SQL backup the CDR and CAR files (use Enterprise manager) to put them on another server in case you need them.

PURGING the files as described above will make your DMA file MUCH smaller and quicker to migrate.

Also make sure detailed tracing is not turned on. You can also adjust the trace files settings to less files and less size per file. You MIGHT be able to delete some trace files (if done properly,) but I'm not going to sanction that.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mciarfello
Level 4
Level 4

Don't DELETE FILES. If CAR is installed or was ever installed, you can purge the CDR records and the CAR stuff that way.

You can also write an SQL script to delete records, probably compact the databases, etc.

You can also have SQL backup the CDR and CAR files (use Enterprise manager) to put them on another server in case you need them.

PURGING the files as described above will make your DMA file MUCH smaller and quicker to migrate.

Also make sure detailed tracing is not turned on. You can also adjust the trace files settings to less files and less size per file. You MIGHT be able to delete some trace files (if done properly,) but I'm not going to sanction that.

Hi Michael,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I was also looking for an answer for the same Qn.

+5 for you.

NO problem. Glad an older, "archived" message worked for you many months later.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: