cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

802.1X with IP Phone is posible with Nortel??

Hello,

My Scenary is that I have configured 802.1X in Cisco Swithches C3750/C3560/C2960, I configured 802.1x in the all Switches, but i have 100 IP Phone Nortel with 2 ports one port connected to Switch and the other port connected to PC. I know that IP Phone Cisco work in the enviroment 802.1X, this feature i can configurate enable Radius (Cisco IOS/PIX 6.0) and in the group i have setup in the tab "[009\001] cisco-av-pairbut" put "device-traffic-class=voice" and in the tab IP Assignment i put "Assigned from AAA Client pool" in the case of Nortel how i do? is similar?? i have to setup in the "[009\001] cisco-av-pairbut" the same way??? and i've seen a configuration with cisco in the link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk814/technologies_configuration_example09186a00808abf2d.shtml#MDA

and the other configuration with Avaya and Radius non cisco.

Please help me with this issue.

Best Regards

Alvaro

1 Reply 1

jafrazie
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From the backend perspective, you can treat Nortel and cisco phones identically in this regard.

The doc reference from before should work for any type of phone.

Hope this helps,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: