cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MoH troubleshooting

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Moh isnt working, it used to be and I didnt know it was broke until a user pointed it out.

The MoH server is running and all the phones in question are set for the correct sources and media resource groups.

Where else can I look?

10 Replies 10

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

Do you get silence or 3 beeps? If silence, i think its a config issue. If 3 beeps, probably codec negotiation.

I get 3 beeps every 10 seconds. (which is aggravating and I have changed that in the service parameters to 90 seconds and it still happens every 10 seconds)

I had that thought but I wont even produce hold music if I call another cisco of the same type.

I stopped advertising G722 and even put the phones in a 729 only region and still no music. Im stumped.

Hi, confirm these stepss please: (what is the CUCM version?).

- Ensure that media resource is enabled. Media Resource->MoH Server and verify that the run flag is set to YES.

- Restart the Cisco IP Voice Media Stream App service.

- Check if G711,G729 is enabled for MoH in Service Parameters->Call Manager->Cisco IP Voice Media Stream App service.

- Make sure that the IP Phones or Gateways has assigned the MRGL that include the MOH resource.

Hope this help

David

Does MoH work at all? I've seen that sometimes MoH will work with users on a local LAN but it will not work for external callers.

Are you using unicast or multicast MOH, if multicast is this at remote site where you stream it from flash?

Have you already reset the MOH server in CM?

Chris

Hi David and hope u r in a good health.

I`ve MOH issue:

i`m using cisco cucm-BE with mgcp protocol with the gateways,

When someone called form the pstn to the cucm and after he hear the autoattendant:

the    MOH only works when i press 0 (the operator) and when i press an    internal extension i hear a ring back tone and sometimes i hear the MOH  for one second but when i dial 0 i hear the   MOH Normally after "wait  while i transfer your call"

how i can hear the MOH too after i dial the internal extension normally?

the following is done:

-am using unicast MOH

- that media resource is enabled. Media Resource->MoH Server and verify that the run flag is set to YES.

- Restart the Cisco IP Voice Media Stream App service.

- Check if G711,G729 is enabled for MoH in Service Parameters->Call Manager->Cisco IP Voice Media Stream App service.

- the IP Phones or Gateways has assigned the MRGL that include the MOH resource.

thanks

We have this same issue. Were you able to resolve it?

The 3 beep setting not changing according to the parameter for us is because this parameter does not apply to H.323 or SIP devices.

fgasimzade
Level 4
Level 4

Got the same problem, MOH worked well untill last week, no configuration changes were made, I can see through packet analizer that Ip Phone receives multicast packets, but it doesnt play them..

any recent config change or upgrade?

Sent from Samsung tablet

Apologies for any typo

No..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: