Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Complete a Backup Through CCA 2.0

jaydien1358
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I trying to perform a backup of our UC through CCA 2.0. Unfortunately it gets all the way to the end of the process and then states that the backup failed and to check the log for details.

What log is CCA referencing?

I looked in the configuration assistance folder under my windows profile and it looks like all the files are there. Should I assume that a good backup was performed?

I'm running Software Pack 7.1.0EA

Please advise.

Thanks.

Clipboard01.jpg

-Brian

-www.jaydien.com

15 Replies 15

Skyler Spence
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The logs it is referring to are those found in the installed CCA directory, default path

C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CiscoSMB\Cisco Configuration Assistant

In here you should see several files named Application_Log_Date and time.  Find the log that matches the day and time you peformed the backup, information regarding what happened should be there.  If you don't see anything or don't understand the output (which is admittedly not always plain english) please post the file here for us to investigate.

Just as a reference point to make sure we dont have anything very basic wrong, I just tried on a system (CCA 2.0) I have running Mobility Express on SBCS and it backed up to my PC:

SBCS-Mobility_001c.58df.5ce0_UC520-8U-4FXO-K9_config-archive_jar, and was listed to restore from.

Difference in my case, is I am running the 7.0.3 Bundle Zip, which is different from the EA SW pack.

CCA_Backup.GIF

Stupid question: What is mobility Express?

-Brian

Hey Skyler, hope all is well.

Well I found the log, but can't make any real sense of it. I've attached the file.

Thanks.

-Brian

jaydien1358
Level 3
Level 3

ah right. I should have figured that out.

-Brian

I was trying to go through the original log file that I posted and it looks as if when CCA is running, it's constantly updating that file, thereby making the file huge. Parsing it for this backup error could be time consuming.

So I renamed any log files that were on my system, open up CCA and immediately tried to do a backup. Once it failed I closed out of CCA.

I have posted the subsequently smaller log file to this post. Hopefully it helps.

Thanks.

-Brian

Skyler Spence
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Brian,

I looked through the logs you've attached and I'm operating on a hunch here.  Could you try the upgrade again when you get the chance but first turn off the dashboard?  If nothing else this will further simplify the logs...but it may fix the problem as well.  Let me know how it goes.

Skyler,

Just so I'm clear here, you want me to run the CCA 2.0 upgrade again or try the backup procedure again after turning off the dashboard?

And how do I turn off the dashboard? Through the preferences menu?

-Brian

Please turn off the dashboard and then try the backup again.  To turn off the dashboard, click the icon in the upper left corner and select close.

Still recieved the same error message but I think the log file is much simpler to parse now. I can see at the bottom where it references an error backing up CUE.

I've attached the new Log file.

Thanks

-Brian

I have forwarded along your application log to some developers for analysis, please be patient while they respond to me.  :)

will do. thanks!

-brian

Skyler,

I have some more info with regard to the issue in this post.Hopefully it heklps solve this problem.

So I was originally attempting to do a backup before my software upgrade to 7.1.1-EA. That is where I discovered this backup issue. However my OCD got the best of me and I attempted an upgrade anyways, doing a manual backup first.

But after 2 attempts the upgrade failed at the same point each time, performing the CUE backup. It also gives me the same error that I recieved as when doing just a backup alone.

"Make sure no FTP/TFTP servers are running on this computer and try again"

So perhaps there is an issue with CCA and CUE, specifically with TFTP?

-Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: