cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I correct the time on my CIPC clients?

ryan.pederson
Level 1
Level 1

I've got an issue with my CIPC phones connected to our UC500.

They are all displaying time 6 hours ahead of the current time.  All of my devices, UC520, CE520 and the AP521 are all configured for the correct time, and my IP Phones all have the correct time.  I have confirmed the time zone setting in Windows.

My time zone is GMT-7

Any ideas?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I tried it on a system I have with AP521s (LWAPP controlled by a WLC526) and a UC520 called SBCS Mobility.

I got my wireless phones and desk phones to inherit their time from the respective devices, and I synced UC520 to NTP (in CCA 2.0 Device Property Drawer), and then synched the WLC526 to the UC520.

However, when I launch CIPC, it looks like it uses the time from my PC.   Do you also see your CIPC is the time of the PC its running on as well?

CCA_Time_Synch.JPG

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I tried it on a system I have with AP521s (LWAPP controlled by a WLC526) and a UC520 called SBCS Mobility.

I got my wireless phones and desk phones to inherit their time from the respective devices, and I synced UC520 to NTP (in CCA 2.0 Device Property Drawer), and then synched the WLC526 to the UC520.

However, when I launch CIPC, it looks like it uses the time from my PC.   Do you also see your CIPC is the time of the PC its running on as well?

CCA_Time_Synch.JPG

Actually, the time on all of my IP Phones (7962, 7931, etc) are all correct, and the time on all of my SBCS hardware is correct, and synced with NTP.

The time on my CIPC installed on my laptop is exactly 6 hours ahead of my laptop Windows time and the UC500 time.

What version of CIPC are you running?  I ask because there was a timezone bug in version 2.1.1 that was fixed with 2.1.2 and later (I have 2.1.4).

I'm running 7.0.1.0.

Capture.JPG

Hi, the CIPC obtain the hour from the desktop system time where it is installed. Always is recommended that the desktop time are syncronized with the AD Server time so all the CIPC devices manage the same hour and date.

HTH

Jose

I understand that, but my computer time is correct, and my time zone is correct.  I can't explain this...

DT.JPG

CIPC.JPG

These two screenshots were taken within a minute or two of each other.

So I need to change the time-zone setting to 0, so that it doesn't change the time on my CIPC?

It's currently set to 6, which would explain why my CIPC is 6 hours ahead, right?

Rigth, according to the thread the time-zone on the UC affect the hour from your CIPC. Don't forget to recreat the .cnf files for your phones.

HTH

Jose

OK, dumb question now... How do I recreate the .cnf files for my phones?

...thanks for bearing with me here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: