cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Pilot Forwarding on RNA

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a hunt pilot forwarding to a supervisor phone after 10 seconds of RNA.

Problem is that if the Sup isnt sitting at his phone the call doesnt go straight to his voicemail box. It just goes to unity and prompts the caller to enter the mailbox number.

How can I force it to forward to the phone with the called digits intact to force it to forward to voicemail?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That is WAD, unity uses the original called number. If you're not reaching the main greeting it might be you have a call routing rule for FW calls to catch it

This must be changed in Unity 5.X and above

Route Forwarded Calls by the First or Last Redirecting Number

Cisco Unity supports the option of routing calls based on either the first or last redirecting number when a call is forwarded to Cisco Unity.

Note the following:

This option requires Cisco Unity-CM TSP 8.1(2) or later.

This option is not supported by integrations through PIMG units.

This option can be changed through the Advanced Settings Tool (AST), which is available in Tools Depot.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/release/notes/501curelnotes.html#wp507371

Call Information Exchanged by the Phone System and Cisco Unity

The phone system and Cisco Unity exchange call information to manage calls and to make the integration features possible. With each call, the following call information is typically passed between the phone system and Cisco Unity:

•The extension of the called party.

•The extension of the calling party (for internal calls) or the phone number of the calling party (if it is an external call and the phone system supports caller ID).

•The reason for the forward (the extension is busy, does not answer, or is set to forward all calls). There is also a reason code for Direct Calls.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager SCCP and SIP trunk integrations can also provide the following call information (the choice of first and last redirecting number is set in the Advanced Settings Tool, which is available in Tools Depot):

•Called number

•First redirecting number

•Last redirecting number

Note Cisco Unity can use either the first redirecting number or last redirecting number, depending on the setting in the Advanced Settings Tool, which is available in Tools Depot.

This affects ALL calls

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

So are you saying I cant do it from Cisco Unity Connection version: 7.0.1.10000-323 ?

Because I cant find a Tools Depot in there....

But it sounds exactly the fix I need.

Go to CallManagement>Call Routing>Forwarded Routing Rules. In ther you can create a rule that says any number calling your sepcific hunt group number should go to the user extension of your choice.

Hope this helps

Paul

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello ???,

This is available in Unity Connection 7.x as well;

Via

Cisco Unity Connection Administration

Advanced (towards the bottom of the page)

Conversation Configuration

Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: You should use the NetPro Feedback on the upper right of these pages to help get your browser settings fixed so your posts work correctly. We need to be able to help you and it's much easier when we have your name etc. Just a tad more friendly. As well, you can see that no posts in your threads can be Rated, which may discourage people from even trying :)

Cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: