cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Line Group Top Down Distribution Algorithm issues

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

Having a little issue here and was hoping I could get some help.

UCM ver 6.1.2.1000-13 and UCM 7.0

I have created a line group with 2 DNs configured in that line group with the Top Down algorithm specified, and the busy set to go to the next member in the group.

My problem is that when the first DN in the group is busy with a call, the second inbound call to the pilot point continues to go to the first DN in the list. My understanding of how this should work is that the second call into the pilot point with the first DN being in use will cause the call to go the second DN in the group.

Now if i have a third call come in to the pilot point and the first DN in the group has 2 calls then the call will roll over to the second DN in the line group.

I thought this looked like a busy trigger condition and changed the busy trigger on the extension to 1 and made the test calls and the expected conditions occurred. On an incoming call to the pilot point the first DN took the call. One the second call to the pilot point, the expected conditions occurred and the call properly went to the second DN in the group.

You should not have to change the busy trigger to have the top down conditions work as expected.

Any ideas?

I have used the search functionality and could not find any other instances of this

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why not? Some people like groups to work this way, first one takes two call then another does.

From my experience with CCM 4.x I don't recall this being the case. After the first line was busy, the second DN would take the next call.

Also, changing the busy trigger on a line should not affect the way the hunt group actually works. Your line group, hunt group and hunt pilot manipulate your call flow not the individual DN configuration.

CiscoSeinajoki
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same situation with CUCM 6.1.2.1000, seems to be a "feature" although I dont like it either..

pedro.lourenco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Funny thing. I have version 6.1.2.1000-13. I am using Circular Distribution and would like my Hunt Group to work as you described yours is working. Yet if one DN is busy in my group, the call will go directly to the next DN. The problem is, if the two are busy wiyh only one call, it goes directly to the Call Forward Busy destination, which is not the behaviour I wanted.

Did you get to any new conclusions since last year ???

BR,

Pedro

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: