Can anybody answer/confirm the following questions I have about CER licenses?
1) If I have a primary CER server and a backup CER server, does each server provide me with a default 100 user licenses for a total of 200 user licenses or do the user licenses for the backup server not count toward the total number of user licenses, leaving me only with 100 user licenses?
2) If I want to use CER for a site of 100 IP phones, but the CUCM cluster that that the site is using has a total of 500 registered IP phones (from this site and other remote sites), do I need 100 CER user licenses or 500 user licenses?
3) If I don't do any dynamic ERL assignment (either LAN port-based ERL assignment or IP subnet-based ERL assignment) and I'm ONLY doing manual ERL assignment based on DN numbers, do I need any user licenses since I don't need to SNMP query the CUCM? (Note: This is just a hypothetical question to better understand CER license requirements. I don't really plan on doing this.)
2) Unless you can control only 100 phones being discovered (or configured) in CER, otherwise you need 500 user license
3) It doesn't matter if it's dynamic or static, once you have phones in ERL, it counts towards the license.