Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Configure Call Preservation in MGCP Gateway

lalitputhran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Can anyone help me out in " How to Configure Call Preservation in MGCP Gateway "

Thanks & Regds,

Lalit

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Lalit,

Here you go :)

Cisco IOS gateways can maintain links to up to two backup Cisco Unified CallManager servers in addition to a primary Cisco Unified CallManager. This redundancy enables a voice gateway to switchover to a backup if the gateway loses communication with the primary. The backup server takes control of the devices that are registered with the primary Cisco Unified CallManager. The second backup takes control of the registered devices if both the primary and first backup Cisco Unified CallManager fail. The gateway preserves existing connections during a switchover to a backup Cisco Unified CallManager.

When the primary Cisco Unified CallManager server becomes available again, control reverts to that server. Reverting to the primary server can occur immediately, after a configurable amount of time, or only when all connected sessions are released.

Switchback

Switchback is the process a voice gateway uses to reestablish communication with the primary Cisco Unified CallManager server when the server becomes available again. Switchback can occur immediately, at a specified time after the last active call ends, or after a specified length of time.

MGCP Gateway Fallback

The MGCP gateway maintains a remote connection to a centralized Cisco Unified CallManager cluster by sending MGCP keepalive messages to the Cisco Unified CallManager server at 15-second intervals. If the active Cisco Unified CallManager server fails to acknowledge receipt of the keepalive message within 30 seconds, the gateway attempts to switch over to the next available Cisco Unified CallManager server.

SUMMARY STEPS

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. ccm-manager redundant-host {ip-address | DNS-name} {ip-address | DNS-name}

4. ccm-manager switchback {graceful | immediate | schedule-time hh:mm | uptime-delay minutes}

5. ccm-manager fallback-mgcp

6. call application alternate

7. exit

8. ccm-manager switchover-to-backup

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/interop/intcnf1.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hello Rob,

Thanks for your early & valuable feedback.

I have one query which i wanted to ask you.

1. The configuration which you have told is already configured in the gateway router for fallback and switchback.

My question is, is there anything diffrent configuration for the call preservation in CCM server or the MGCP Gateway apart from the above.

I have read in cisco site where we can configure the call preservation like below example :

Router(config)#voice service voip

Router(config-voi-service)#h323

Router(config-voi-h323)#call preserve

Is there ant similar configuration which we need to enable for MGCP Gateway fro call preservation.

I will be happy if you clarify the above.

Thanks & Regds,

Lalit

david-lima
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Lalit, the two types of survivable endpoints are IP Phones and MGCP gateways. If any of these devices are streaming to each other, the stream is preserved even if they cannot signal with CallManager.

Only you need to register the mgcp-gateway in you CUCM.

All the best

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: