DCR export failing

Unanswered Question
May 27th, 2009
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Its LMS 3.1. Exporting the devices through the GUI or through the CLI times out. Eventually I have stop it or press CTRL+Z to quit the job. Also I cannot delete devices out of DCR. It says it was deleted, but when i look, its still there. It only 280 devices, and I'd like to start a fresh DCR database,since i suspect the current DCR database is corrupt. But i need those device type info and credentials, therefor the atttempt to export. So i can import them into a new CMF database. Any ideas?

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Thu, 05/28/2009 - 12:30
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

    Founding Member

This is most likely not a corruption issue, but some kind of communication issue. You could check the dcrimpexp.log for errors, or enable DCR Bulk Import/Export debugging, and see if anything stands out.

pvanvuuren Sun, 05/31/2009 - 01:05
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Hi joe, you were right. i just had to wait a while longer. I ran the dcrcli export command again. it completed after an hour. there was only 296 devices , but at least all the data was there. i'm relieved i didn't have to redo the install.


This Discussion