Views
Helpful
Replies

L2TPv3 with different VLAN in both ends

arun kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am setting up a L2TPv3 based pseudowire connection between 2 locations.

CE1 - PE1 - P - PE2 - CE2

L2TPv3 is configured between PE1 and PE2. CE1-PE1 vlan id is 100 and CE2-PE2 vlan id 100. Then everything works fine.

But when I configure CE2-PE2 vlan id as 200 then the traffic is not passing through.

Reason is we have a trouble getting the same VLAN in both the locations and till now we are using EoMPLS with 2 different VLAN's on attachment circuit.

I would like to know for this kind of setup VLAN ID's should be same on both the attachment circuits. Is there any way available to achieve my requirement (different VLAN's on both ends).

thanks

Arun

4 Replies 4

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Arun,

The 7600 with a ES20 module would allow you to rewrite the ingress vlan

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps368/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00807f3f7e.html

Not sure, if this can be accomplished in other platforms.

HTH,

__

Edison.

rakesh.hegde
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Arun,

If you are talking about virtual circtuit ids , yes, they should be the same on both PEs. If your PEs dont support vlan rewrite , you can ask you customer to place PE facing interfaces in different VLANs

HTH,

Rakesh

Hi Rakesh

Sorry for the late reply. I m not talking about Virtual Circuits which should be same on both PE's. I am worried about the VLAN ID's on both the attachments circuits (between PE-CE).

In case of EOMPLS, the VLAN's can be different on both attachment circuit and still CE routers communicate.

But when I try the same in L2TPv3 based pseudowire, it requires same VLAN on both the attachment circuit.

Would like to know if some option as said earlier reply like VLAN rewrite option is available in other platform than C7600.

thanks

Arun

Hi Arun,

If you haven't tried already,

1. On PE1 configure your xconnect under .100 subinterface.

2. On PE2 configure your xconnect under .200 subinterface.

I've seen this working on 7200 and 7304s

-Rakesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: