Views
Helpful
Replies

FAX to Email fails after upgrade

phershaw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Has anyone else encountered problems with FAX to Email not working after upgrading to 7.0.2 (IOS 12.4(20)T2) ?

Thanks,

Phil

9 Replies 9

We have this working on this Software Pack and also on the more recent one (7.0.3), which uses the same IOS as 7.0.2. What exactly is not working?

Marcos

Hi Marcos,

The FAX is answered but there seems to be an issue with sending the mail to the CUE using SMTP ?

I have attached a debug.

Phil

Yes, there seems to be some sort of issue sending to CUE. Can you please post your full config and remove the sensitive info (passwords and phone numbers)? I also suggest you remove the debug attachment. If I need more debugs, I will ask you to send them to my Cisco email address.

Thanks,

Marcos

Marcos,

Config is attached.

Phil

The config seems right to me. Did you verify on the CUE side that all the settings are correct, as per:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9718

Also, could you do quick test. Disable the SIP trunk for a minute (no sip-ua) and test the fax call. Paste all the sip-ua commands back once you are done. Just curious.

What's weird is that you say this happened after the upgrade, which is strange since the IOS did not change between 7.0.2 and 7.0.3. CUE versions did change though, but I have this working on my system (using 7.0.3) following the document referenced above...

Thanks,

Marcos

phershaw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Marcos,

The upgrade was to ver 7.0.2 from an earlier version.

I opened a TAC case for help to resolve this issue. It seems I am hitting Bug ID CSCsy29732.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsy29732

If I change the IOS to 12.4.22T which does not contain the bug fix for CSCsu59847, as mentioned in the Bug Release notes then the FAX is delivered to the CUE voicemail box, however I now seem to have an issue with message notification not working for FAX messages although it works every time for Voice messages !

Can you foresee any issues with using 12.4.22T ?

Or would you recommend using another version which does not contain the bug fix for CSCsu59847 ?

Thanks,

Phil

I checked the bug details and this defect is integrated into 12.4(20)T2, which is the IOS version in sofwtare packs 7.0.2 and 7.0.3. Are you sure you were running this IOS prior to the upgrade? The reason for my question is that 12.4(22)T is not an IOS in any of our software packs, and therefore not tested in combination with all the other stuff (phone loads, CUE, CCA, etc.). It could be that you are not hitting this bug, but another one.

Regarding the MWI situation, it is really up to CUE to make the outcall to CME to light MWI on and off. Was this working before the upgrade?

Thanks,

Marcos

Marcos,

CSCsy29732 Bug Details:

CUE will send "551 5.6.1 Media not supported" back to an IOS gateway when receiving a fax from a gateway that has the fix for CSCsu59847.

CSCsu59847 is first fixed in 12.4(20)T2, 12.4(22)T1, 12.4(24)T, and 12.4(11)XW10.

Conditions:
This only happens when an IOS GW, running an IOS with the fix for CSCsu59847, tried to send an onramp (T.37) fax to a CUE user.

Workaround:
Load an IOS version that doesn't include the fix for CSCsu59847

i.e. The issue I'm hitting is seen in IOS versions that have the fix for CSCsu5984, which are listed above. So I need to change to an IOS not listed above. e.g. 12.4(22)T

Phil

The importance of proper reading comprehension... I got you now. Sorry for that.

So it seems your only option is 22T which means we will have to troubleshoot the MWI issue. Can you please post a "debug ccsip message" for a call made to CUE when leaving a fax message? That will tell us if the MWI on/off outcall is making it to CME.

Did MWI work before?

Thanks,

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: