Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 5.0/7.0 Location for XML files

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I use XML files in UCCX applications to hold things such as system state variables etc.

I normally create a directory to store the XML files under C:\Program Files\wfavvid.

However, when upgrading, any non-standard sub-directory of wfavvid seems to be deleted.

Can someone let me know where I can store these files such that they will not be deleted when an upgrade is applied?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It would be DOC[filename.extension]

If you have folders within the repo you would add them as well:

DOC[folder\filename.extension].

You should stop looking at the file system. The repositories exist in SQL and the contents are copied down to the disk for the MIVR subsystem to use at run time. Manage them through /appadmin only. You're going to loose access to the disk in 8.0 anyways when it converts to the sealed appliance model UCM has been on since 5.0.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Upload them to the document repository via appadmin.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I have quite managed to get my head around repositories as I did my training on 3.0 and only occasionally write scripts.

When I want to access a document in the repository what path do I specify in the Create File Document step?

Is it the path from the wfavvid directory? - e.g. "Documents\user\en"

It would be DOC[filename.extension]

If you have folders within the repo you would add them as well:

DOC[folder\filename.extension].

You should stop looking at the file system. The repositories exist in SQL and the contents are copied down to the disk for the MIVR subsystem to use at run time. Manage them through /appadmin only. You're going to loose access to the disk in 8.0 anyways when it converts to the sealed appliance model UCM has been on since 5.0.

Thanks for both replies - much clearer now!

Will try to break my bad coding habits before 8.0 arrives.

Sorry I am still struggling with this.

I want my script to read a file called SystemState.xml which I have uploaded to the document repository to the en_GB\Housing Repairs Helpdesk directory.

In my script I have a Create File Document step where I specify the Filename value as "DOC[en_GB\Housing Repairs Helpdesk\SystemState.xml]"

However when I place a call to the script it fails and the following data is logged in the trace file.

EXCEPTION: nested stack trace is: 35931: May 29 10:36:47.339 BST %MIVR-APP_MGR-6-EXCEPTION: java.io.FileNotFoundException: DOC[en_GB\Housing Repairs Helpdesk\SystemState.xml] (The system cannot find the path specified)

I guess the path is incorrect but cannot see what is wrong - any help most welcome.

Think I have cracked it.

The XML file is uploaded to the document repository to the en_GB\HousingRepairsHelpdesk directory and I use "DOC[HousingRepairsHelpdesk\SystemState.xml]" in the Create File Document step.

The system does not seem to like spaces in directory names.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: