Views
Helpful
Replies

MAP On Hold Music

jaydien1358
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

Has anyone had any experience working with the On-hold MP3 files posted in the MAP website?

I am trying to implement the files on a UC500 by converting them to the required.AU format, but they are just playing as static. So I'm guessing that the format of the files, once converted, are not compatable.

Is there a specific way they AU files should be encoded? Am I missing something?

Thanks

-Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Then you probably also read the post later in that thread about disabling multicasting. Did you try that? not sure why it would have anything to do with it, especially in the newer software.

try downloading the default MOH file to your PC, then use an audio editing software to compare the format of it with yours.. maybe something is still different.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

cmonks
Level 1
Level 1

From another forum, try this.

"The UC box is very picky with the format of the MOH file. It needs to be mono 8-bit 8-kHz data; for example, ITU-T A-law or mu-law data format. You can convert your files with Audacity. Anything else just makes a bunch of noise."

Yeah I read that same post, but was not having any luck.

-Brian

Then you probably also read the post later in that thread about disabling multicasting. Did you try that? not sure why it would have anything to do with it, especially in the newer software.

try downloading the default MOH file to your PC, then use an audio editing software to compare the format of it with yours.. maybe something is still different.

that's a good idea, I'll try that now.

-Brian

That seemed to work.

Here are the settings that I used to convert my MP3 file to an AU file.

Clipboard01.jpg

-Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: