cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLSE conversion to last WCS version 5.2.130

jjbechtel
Level 1
Level 1

I Which to convert a WLSE to a WCS appliance I have two Cd who lets me convert wlse to WCS linux 3 and upgrade to linux redhat 4 whitch is the best way to upgrade to WCs version 5.2.130

4 Replies 4

sadbulali
Level 4
Level 4

Using the Installer to Upgrade WCS for Linux

Follow these steps to upgrade WCS (on a Linux platform) using the automated upgrade:

Step 1 Using the command line, perform one of the following:

a. If you are installing from a CD, switch to the /media/cdrom directory.

b. If you are installing from Cisco.com, switch to the directory in which the install file was downloaded. For example, if the install file was placed in /root/Desktop, enter cd /root/Desktop.

Step 2 Enter ./WCS-STANDARD-K9-5.2.X.Y.bin (for CD users) or ./WCS-STANDARD-LB-K9-5-2-X-Y.bin (for Cisco.com users) to start the install script.

Step 3 The Install Anywhere message appears and prepares the system for installation. After a few seconds, the Introduction appears, followed by the license agreement statement. You must accept the license agreement to continue.

Step 4 At this point, the install wizard detects whether a previous version of WCS is installed and specifies whether the current version is eligible for an automated upgrade. You receive a notification whether or not your most recent WCS version is eligible for the automated upgrade.

Step 5 If you cannot continue to the automated upgrade because your current WCS version is not eligible, choose Install and continue to the manual upgrade (refer to the WCS Configuration Guide for manual upgrade instructions). You can also choose to do a manual upgrade rather than the recommended automated upgrade by choosing Install and continuing to the manual upgrade, but this is not recommended. If your current WCS version is eligible for the recommended automated upgrade, choose Upgrade and continue to Step 6.

Step 6 Several of the values from the previous installation are retained and carried over as part of the upgrade. These include the following:

•the ports

•the root password

•the root FTP password

•the TFTP server file location

•the FTP server file location

•the multi-homed server interfaces

Step 7 Choose a folder in which to install the Cisco WCS. It must be a different location than the previous installation. Click Next to continue.

Step 8 Choose a folder location to store the shortcuts. It must be a different location than the previous installation.

Step 9 Continue to follow the prompts that appear. You are notified when the system checks for required space, uninstalls previous versions, backs up files, restores, and so on. A prompt appears asking if you are ready to start WCS as a service. Click Yes.

Note The upgrade log is located in the standard log directory (\webnms\logs) if the automated upgrade completes. For an incomplete automated upgrade, the upgrade log is located in the user home directory.

jjbechtel
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your help i resolved the caveats

Hi, let me ask you something

How do you resolve that I think you have to upgrade to red hat 5.0 in order to complete the instalation of WCS 5.2,

regards

You do need RH 5.x and for that you can contact TAC to get the upgrade.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card