Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple WLC LobbyAdmins

voipis4me
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My understanding is that I can authorise multiple Lobby Admins on a WLC 4404 using RADIUS. I was wondering is if is possible to create Lobby Admin groups so that a specific Lobby Admin can only grant guest wireless access to specific Mobility Groups?

I support wireless in multiple facilities and handing off guest access admin duties to department secretaries is ideal, but I only want guests to have wireless access only from the area/building in which they will be visiting.

Is this possible using a single WiSM (70+ WAPs) or do I need to deploy multiple WLCs?

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"I only want guests to have wireless access only from the area/building in which they will be visiting."

I can think of two ways of doing this ...

1. Create AP Groups. This method allows you to broadcast a specific SSID in a specific area.

2. Each Lobby Administrator can only see the account created. Lobby Admin 1 can't/won't be able to see accounts created by Lobby Admin 2, for instance.

Hope this helps.

3. Lobby Admins must be strict. Do not allow them to create 31-days account (no time limit).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: