Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound Calling not going using FXO

acharyr123
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

We have VIC2-4FXO & EVM-HD (8FXS/DID) card installed into our Voice Gateway (2821)..VG & CCM (7.0) is integrated properly..

FXO ports are configured as Ground Start & in the Attendant DN we have given one of the extension numbers...

The problem is: whenever we want to dial outbould calls over FXO we get a fast busy tone, where as from Outside we can dial that FXO line & there is no issue with voice clarity..

All the FXO lines are showing OFFHOOK in idle scenario....

Attached output for command " debug voice ccapi inout".

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you got your telco to explicitly confirm the lines are set for ground start ? Where are you located ?

Yes I got the information from SP that we are using ground start.............. I am in uae

As mentioned in a duplicated thread, looks like this is a disconnect supervision problem.

Hi,

Plz find some updates:

1. Changed the FXO port from GS to LS (loop start).

2. Attached the debug vpm all with csim start command output..

There is no failed attempts in debug but still the outbound call is not going through...

Note: After enabling mgcp debug packets i can find that whenever we try for any outbound call from the IP phone, the request doesn't hit the mgcp gateway..but for any inbound call to the FXO, logs been generated in gateway....

Hello,

I just wanted to interject, and say that csim start, to my knowledge, only works in h323 mode, or when the mgcp gateway is in SRST. Other than that it wont work when the gateway is registered w/ccm.

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion....the gateway is registered with CCM via MGCP...

can u plz highlight some points that may help me in troubleshooting the outbound call issue over FXO.....

The only time I have seen this issue is when the line is configured for loop start, but the line is actually ground start, and vice versa. You may need to test head-to-head with telco if you haven't already.

The only other thing I can think of at this point, is to make sure that you are sending the proper digits to the PSTN from CCM (route lists, route patterns, etc), and make sure no additional digits are being added to the dialed number, or that no digits are being stripped from the dialed number, aside from the PSTN access code.

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

Hi Mohammed,

I tried both th options Loop tsrat & ground start...in both the cases inbound calls work fine..the issue been observed with outbound calling...

We have multisite deployment so using site access code & hence translation-pattern in place...for outbound calls on PRI & on FXO, only the option "PreDot" is choosen as we use 9. for outbound dialing....in DNA it says Route This Pattern..

Any more suggestion...

Have you tried bouncing MGCP, or doing shut/no shut on the voice ports? Prior to making the outbound calls, does "show voice port summary" show all the FXO ports on-hook?

canowlin
Level 1
Level 1

Note: After enabling mgcp debug packets i can find that whenever we try for any outbound call from the IP phone, the request doesn't hit the mgcp gateway..but for any inbound call to the FXO, logs been generated in gateway....

This indactes route pattern / route list / RG issue. Are you using RG or pointing patterns at GTWY. When you show mgcp end points do FXO show up? Do you have dial-peers that look something like this...

dial-peer voice 999010 pots

service mgcpapp

port 0/1/0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: