cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Night Ring Assignment

marknesbitt
Level 1
Level 1

I am confused about DID routing when the system is switched to night service. The DID translation tables specify only one destination. I have programmed the system (CCA2.0) to route to an external number at night in the Voice Section. Does this mean all DID's will route to these destinations at night (not want we want)? Ideally we would like to be able to specify a different day and night destination for a DID number since for example a private DID should route to the extension at night then to voicemail whereas a DID number which is published should route to a different destination???

10 Replies 10

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Night service does not directly impact the DIDs.  How this works is that you first map a DID to an internal extension, and then enable night service call forwarding for that extension.  So only DIDs that map to that particular extension will be affected.  This *may* be all DIDs if that is how you have set your system up, but typically it won't be.

Cheers,

Dave.

Not sure what you mean by Night Service Call Forwarding for an extension? I thought there was only one call forwarding option that applied to day and night?

In our case say 86220000 is mapped to a blast group 512. How could the destination be changed at night? This is opposed to say 86220001 which may be mapped to extension 801 which has call forward no answer to voicemail??

Which parameter are you looking at?  When configuring night service under the Telephony > Voice > Voice Features tab, you have to select extensions to configure as either night service bell extensions or for night service call forwarding.  The whole night service feature is built around specific phones and extensions.

To handle the situation you have described with a hunt group, you would need to configure a separate extension as the target for the DID, and then call-forward all that extension to the blast group, and set night service call forward to the alternate destination.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Dave.

Yes that makes sense, just a couple more questions though. Does the system support virtual extensions in the scenario you described (DID to extension call forwarded to Blast Group) ? If not what type of extension would you assign it too. In our system when i look at the Call Forwarding Options for extensions the only options for CFNA and CFB are None and  Voicemail?? The PSTN field does not allow me to enter anything?

That is not good.  Looks like a bug in CCA, as you should be able to configure external numbers for call forwarding - not to mention internal numbers other than voicemail.  Can I ask that you raise a case for this and ask the engineer to log a bug report against CCA for this.

Thanks,

Dave.

Will do. Just wondering if the system does allow virtual extensions so it can be set up to have virtuals call forward to pilot groups or whether we have to use real extension numbers for this?

if it does support virtuals how do we configure them?

CCA does not currently allow you to create an extension separate from a phone, but that phone does not have to physically exist for the call-forward settings to be followed.  So if you create a phone record with a bogus MAC address and assign the extension to it, that will work fine.

Cheers,

Dave.

This is NOT a bug.  You are able to configure this, it is just not a drop down option.  To configure this you may type the extension or external number  you wish to forward to directly into the box.

Thanks Skyler.  I saw that the field had changed to a dropdown list, but did not take it far enough to see that you can type over it.  Appreciate you getting me back on track.

Cheers,

Dave.

I should add that you can manually adjust the call forward settings on a dn using the command line and configuration such as:

ephone-dn 10

call-forward busy 00284466000

call-forward noan 00284466000 timeout 10

However, the problem with CCA still needs to be fixed.

Cheers,

Dave.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: