Views
Helpful
Replies

HOw to debug CTIOS Server?

chrisluven
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

in the last day I had strange Problems with CTIOS Server.

Suddenly Agents cannot log in , change to not ready or to ready.

The CTIOS dos box fills with different errors and only stop the CTIOS Service seems to resolve the Problem.

After cycling the service the Agents can work as normal but erros still appear.

Is there a document that describes the errors and can help determine the problem?

greetings

Chris

8 Replies 8

Ahh, you're talking about my favorite Cisco titled document: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ctios/ctios7_2/troubleshooting/guide/ctits.pdf

Ultimately, start with the client logs and work your way back. Also, check the health of the server, memory usage, disk space, etc.

david

Well i should say that I think that it is a CTIOS/PG issue.

It's not one Agnet but about half of our agents.

I know the document and will work through it. Maybe i can figure out what the Problem is.

I thought that there is a document describing the message output in the message box.

greetings

Chris

Do you have a pair of CTI Object Servers - one on each side A PG and side B PG?

Are they talking to each other correctly? When you say you see lots of errors in the DOS windows, it's concerning. If there has been no change to the tracing levels, there should not be that much activity in these windows.

Once the CTIOS have been installed and configured correctly, it's very unlikely that they will have a problem later.

But what can happen is that the binding order of the NICs can change - so check under the Network Adapters to make sure the public NIC is before the private NIC. If the private NIC is first, the two CTIOS will appear to operate correctly but will not be talking to each other.

Regards,

Geoff

Well it's a little bit confusing in our environment.

At our site we have PG1a and PG1B. They both have CTI OS installed.

On Monday the Problems started, every Agent connected to a specific CTI OS got kicked out and had Problems to relogin or change status.

After Cycling both CTI OS Server the Agents worked correctly again but in the dos boxes we got "unknown network error"

This errors stopped later.

Our Service Provider raised the loglevel, to give logs to the TAC.

The binding is checked and correct.

To be honest i am not so experienced in CTI OS but i would like to have my full working system back :-)

greetings

Chris

If there's any network errors the PG will definitely let you know, check the PIM logs also just to see if other processes are complaining about the same thing. Also, check to see if this happens to all agents regardless of what side they registered to.

david

Are these PGs side by side, and connected by a cross-over cable. Or is your private network more extensive.

Regards,

Geoff

The PGs are connected via cross-over cable and only clients connected to one side are affected.

One PG seems to run normal, the other one is showing an error 32782 " CTI Link to PGxxx broken" in the Windows event Log.

greetings

Christian

That sounds like an error from your CTI server rather than from your CTI Object Server. Both PGs run as a pair - one active, one passive. Both CGs run as a pair - one active, one passive. Normally the active CG is on the active PG, but that does not have to be the case. If the active CG is running on the active PG, stopping that CG will immediately make the passive CG active. Each CTIOS run somewhat independently, with a heartbeat between them. Both connect to the CGA on 42027 and CGB on 43027 (these are the default ports). Perhaps after close of business today you need to check the operation of both CTI servers - stopping and starting in turn to ensure the passive becomes the active OK.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: