Views
Helpful
Replies

Multilink Looping issue help

Lijesh NC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a query about checking loop in Multilink it has been observed in the case of E1 Controller the loop given by ISP has not being observed in serial interface. Once we remove the E1's from Multilink we could see the loop….In normal cases we should be able see the loop right. Even the hard loop given to E1 port itself is not observed. When removed these links from multilink started seeing the loop….

Can any one help in understanding this better?

Thanks in advance

Lijesh NC

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Lijesh,

I think this is normal.

To perform a loop test the link has to be standalone and not member of a multilink bundle.

You need to verify each member link indipendently and then you configure the bundle.

Probably the bundle influences the capability to detect a remote loop: the test frame can be silently dropped or sent back on the other member link in both cases the other side fails to see its own test frames back on the link and cannot detect the loop.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi Giuseppe,

Thanks for the reply,sorry for the delayed reply.Its clear now but still small confusion i was able to see the loop in one of the interface in multilik (with out removing interface from mu)that was Wic card....

Lijesh NC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card