Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 5.1.3 Usertracking last seen

IP-Services
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we hav a LMS 3.1 with CM 5.1.3. If we are searching a IP-Address we dont find any endosts. in the end host Immediate report from 29. May the last seen is always the 4. Dec.

What can we do to get an actually state?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

None of your devices are configured for SNMP contexts, or they do not support SNMP contexts. As I said, check the online help on how to configure the devices for contexts. If your devices do not support the "show snmp context" command, you will need to upgrade them.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure the User Tracking acquisition is running properly. There are no known bugs in your release which should prevent it from doing so. Go to Campus Manager > Home, and start a new acquisition. Assuming you have switches managed by Campus Manager, you should see entries in UT which a current last seen date.

I started a new acquisition. The state is first running and then idle. The last seen date do not change. In the overview last acqisition time is the June 2, 2009.

We are using snmp v3. Is this an Problem?

Post the ut.log and UTMajorAcquisition.log. SNMPv3 can be a problem if you do not have the devices properly configured for SNMPv3 contexts. If you search the Campus Manager online help for SNMP contexts, you'll see some example configs.

Here are the logs.

None of your devices are configured for SNMP contexts, or they do not support SNMP contexts. As I said, check the online help on how to configure the devices for contexts. If your devices do not support the "show snmp context" command, you will need to upgrade them.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: