Wizard 2.1.0.0 has broken my SPA9000 v1

Unanswered Question
May 29th, 2009

Hi!

I've tryied to configure my spa9000 v1 (1.0.0) through the application Wizard 2.1.0.0... It has found the device on the default ip 192.168.0.1, then it has said me that the device was on DHCP mode, but it has also asked me to put it into static ip. I've fixed the ip to 192.168.0.1, press ok, the the device was no more accessible... Seem that it keep resetting itself, the status led go on with the lan leds, the all off, and so on.

No network connection, and also the FXP ports are unavaiable.

The device is out of warranty. I've buyed it log time ago (2007), and let it into the box until today. Now it will no boot...

Seem that the firmware is broken...

What i can do?

Thanks!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Alberto Montilla Wed, 06/03/2009 - 05:52

Dear Sir;

The unit does not seem to be broken, the issue is that you have set the WAN and LAN IP address to be the same, so they are in conflict, making the SPA9000 to continue rebooting.

Please follow this procedure:

- Disconnect all cables, including power.

- Connect an analog phone to FXS port 1

- Power the unit

- As soon as powered, offhook the phone (you will not get dial tone), press **** (4 times star) and "73738# 1". The unit will reboot to its factory defaults

After this, you can run the wizard again. For the IP address make sure you select a (WAN) IP address which is not in conflict with its LAN IP Address range (192.168.0.X). The WAN IP address has to be on the same range as the network's IP address subnet range of your office.

Regards;
Alberto

masterx81 Thu, 06/04/2009 - 02:03

No way... I've tryed typing the tones manually, and also with the redial function (that sends the tones faster), but the decive reboot before the end of the dtmf codes... I've tryed in several ways withous success.... There isn't a reset button inside?

Other ideas?

Thanks!

Alberto Montilla Thu, 06/04/2009 - 03:35

Unfortunately, if device is not responding to the IVR or to the network, it means it cannot be recovered.

How long does it take between reboots?

Regards;
Alberto

masterx81 Tue, 06/09/2009 - 03:05

Thanks for all...

Thanks for the really useful software, the perfect hardware and nice support

I'll try to recover it myself...

Thanks!!!

masterx81 Tue, 06/23/2009 - 02:15

Hi...

Someone have the Firmware version 3.2.3(d) of the SPA9000 v1?

Thanks

masterx81 Mon, 06/29/2009 - 04:01

Hi!

On the net i've found an oldest 3.2.5(c), but the 3.2.3(d) seem impossible to find...

I was searching the 3.2.3 because my spa had that firmware, so with the same version bin file i can do a direct side-to-side comparison with the flash content and the bin, for find at what offset on the flash chip the firmware is placed.

I've already succesfully read the flash content, but without the right bin file it's hard to find where the code must be merged, as on the flash chip there isnt' only the bin file, on the beginning there is also a bootloader and some other data scattered on the flash chip...

I'll made futher investigation on how to save my spa...

Maybe the fastest way to recover it is to have a dump of another spa9000 v1 flash chip, that i can clone over corrupted mine... So i get 2 'clone' devices...

Actions

This Discussion