cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console - multiple calls on one line

aklyuka30
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to find a way how one recepteonist can answer multiple calls on one existing line.

Scenario is -

Pilot Point that includes 2 members

Member_1_line 1

Member_2_line 1

Voicemail DN ( accept all other calls )

Sometimes we have a lot of calls and recepteonist should see them in AC as incoming call even if she is answerign another calls that moment. Both recepteonist should use only one line.

I have it working with hunt pilot - and is it possible to do the same with attentand console ?

Right now call coming to Pilot point goes to Member1_Line 1 and next call if it's busy try to go to Member2_ line 1. If both members busy - call forwarded to VM.

I want both recepteonist capable of answering couple calls oer line before call transfered to VM .

I see Cisco SRND guide and it says that this is possible - but not describe how

-------

Based on the line settings on Directory Number Configuration window, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console can support multiple calls on a line. When no more outgoing calls can be made on a line, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console displays a warning message when the attendant attempts to make a call.

-----------

Any ideas ?

7 Replies 7

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Adjust the Busy Trigger and Maximum Number of Calls fields in DN configuration to something greater than 1.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

I have deafult settings for DN

MAximum number of calls - 4

Busy trigger - 2

When i make call to Pilot Point - this first DN is answering - and if at the same time i'm trying to call directly this DN - i see second call on it ..

But callign ot Pilot point ( to make second call on Member_1 line 1 ) doesn;t work ..

One option would be to use multiple lines per user and configure the hunt group as follows:

Member_1_line 1

Member_2_line 1

Member_1_line 2

Member_2_line 2

Member_1_line 3

Member_2_line 4

VM

Brandon

But i have only one line available on phone

if i configure Member_1_line 1

it's line 1 on the phone and

Member_1_line 2 it's anotehr physical line with another DN on phone , right ?

And i need call to come to the same hysical line , some DN

Yes, this would require another DN on the phone. To my knowledge, this is not possible with only one line.

Brandon

That's why i reference to CISCO SRND

:

-------

Based on the line settings on Directory Number Configuration window, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console can support multiple calls on a line. When no more outgoing calls can be made on a line, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console displays a warning message when the attendant attempts to make a call.

-----------

I believe this quote is in reference to outgoing calls.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: