cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console - multiple calls on one line

aklyuka30
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to find a way how one recepteonist can answer multiple calls on one existing line.

Scenario is -

Pilot Point that includes 2 members

Member_1_line 1

Member_2_line 1

Voicemail DN ( accept all other calls )

Sometimes we have a lot of calls and recepteonist should see them in AC as incoming call even if she is answerign another calls that moment. Both recepteonist should use only one line.

I have it working with hunt pilot - and is it possible to do the same with attentand console ?

Right now call coming to Pilot point goes to Member1_Line 1 and next call if it's busy try to go to Member2_ line 1. If both members busy - call forwarded to VM.

I want both recepteonist capable of answering couple calls oer line before call transfered to VM .

I see Cisco SRND guide and it says that this is possible - but not describe how

-------

Based on the line settings on Directory Number Configuration window, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console can support multiple calls on a line. When no more outgoing calls can be made on a line, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console displays a warning message when the attendant attempts to make a call.

-----------

Any ideas ?

7 Replies 7

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Adjust the Busy Trigger and Maximum Number of Calls fields in DN configuration to something greater than 1.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

I have deafult settings for DN

MAximum number of calls - 4

Busy trigger - 2

When i make call to Pilot Point - this first DN is answering - and if at the same time i'm trying to call directly this DN - i see second call on it ..

But callign ot Pilot point ( to make second call on Member_1 line 1 ) doesn;t work ..

One option would be to use multiple lines per user and configure the hunt group as follows:

Member_1_line 1

Member_2_line 1

Member_1_line 2

Member_2_line 2

Member_1_line 3

Member_2_line 4

VM

Brandon

But i have only one line available on phone

if i configure Member_1_line 1

it's line 1 on the phone and

Member_1_line 2 it's anotehr physical line with another DN on phone , right ?

And i need call to come to the same hysical line , some DN

Yes, this would require another DN on the phone. To my knowledge, this is not possible with only one line.

Brandon

That's why i reference to CISCO SRND

:

-------

Based on the line settings on Directory Number Configuration window, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console can support multiple calls on a line. When no more outgoing calls can be made on a line, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console displays a warning message when the attendant attempts to make a call.

-----------

I believe this quote is in reference to outgoing calls.

Brandon