cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EasyVPN setup

RYAN PAUL
Level 1
Level 1

I have never setup EasyVPN before. I want to setup a remote user with a 871 router and connect back to an ASA5510 running the 8.0(4) code. Can this be setup to only use pre-shared keys for authentication? The user (physician) does not want any interaction when attempting to access an internal resource (outside of the username/password combo for the applications she runs)? I followed the ASA to 871 EasyVPN setup/config example on the site but get stuck with user authentication on the router CLI. Can anyone provide assistance/sample configs? I want to use AES-256 encryption...

Thanks,

Ryan

2 Replies 2

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Here's the config docs. I'll throw my warning out there. I have a 5520 here at the office, and I have a 5505 at the house. I run an 871 at the house, and I could NEVER get my 871 to connect to my 5520 at the office. I COULD connect my 871 to my 5505 with no problems. I believe it had something to do with "crypto isakmp identity" on our 5520, but I couldn't change it because we have multiple public IPs from different providers coming in. Ours was set to hostname. When I set mine up at the house with hostname, I could no longer connect, so crypto isakmp identity addres (I believe it's default) is the way to go it seems.

Here's the config guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080809222.shtml

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Thanks for your reply. I've been using this guide but keep getting prompted at the CLI for a username and password. I was hoping that the pre-shared key would handle all authentication and avoid username/password authentication (the physician will not know how to get into the router or navigate the CLI).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card