Value of certifications

Unanswered Question
May 29th, 2009

In my new job they don't need to associate my Cisco profile with their company as they are not partners. I would like to ask Cisco partners in the area if they can use my profile to help their company while paying me a monthly rate for them. What are your thoughts on this and what do you think is the value of all of these certs (the monthly rate I should ask)?

I hold CCNA, CCDA, Voice Specialization, Wireless Specialization, Foundation Express and SmartCare certifications.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
chull6509 Fri, 05/29/2009 - 12:23

That sounds like missrepresentation on the part of the Cisco partner if they did as you suggest. Stating that they have you on staff when they don't would be a misstatement of fact.

Your cets did what you earned them for, they showed your current employer that you have the skills to do the job they hired you for. Now you are being paid for that knowledge. If you want more money, ask for a raise, or get another job.

tperrier Fri, 05/29/2009 - 12:23

Joey, this would violate Cisco partner policies; people must work full time for the partner. If Cisco finds out, the company may lose its certification, and the person stripped of his certs too. I'd stay way clear from this path!

bargerjc8 Fri, 05/29/2009 - 12:48

Appreciate the feedback. I was wondering if there was a policy about this and it raised some ethical questions too. So thanks for the comments. I'll keep my certs to myself and the company I work for!

This Discussion