UCCX 7/CM 7 - CSQ Agent Calls Failing

Answered Question

Hello. I have been setting up our development system and have encountered a problem.

We have UCCX 7 (and IVR) along with CM 7. I have everything installed and operational for the most part with a few 7961 phones connected. Direct calls to the phones work fine. I have used the sample Automated Attendant script (aa.aef) that came with the install and it works fine as well with calls being routed correctly in response to selections in the script. In particular, the script can successfully route an outside (or internal) call to our test agent's extension of 7150 so UCCX <-> CM communication appears to be working fine. Note this is not a CSQ call but an Auto Attendant call via the script. Calling 7150 direct also works fine.

I have defined an Agent in Call Manager with the phone having extension 7150 as a Controlled Device. The agent's IPCC Extension is specified as 7150. I have also associated the agent's phone with the RmCm Provider.

I have defined a Support Resource Group on the UCCX side and I have configured the agent/Resource with the Support Resource Group. I have also configured a Support CSQ (using the Resource Group Selection Model) specifying the Support Resource Group.

I am running CAD and the agent can log in and go to the Ready state no problem. As a test, placing a call directly to the agent's extension or via the Auto Attendant script pops up the CAD--with the agent's credentials shown (although again not a CSQ call yet).

I have also setup an Application with the sample ICD script (icd.aef) that came with the install. The ICD script has the CSQ parameter set to our Support CSQ name.

With the agent logged in and Ready, a call is placed to the ICD script via the trigger. The script starts running properly and it appears to properly select the logged in agent. Monitoring the GED-188 stream we see the agent state change from Ready to Reserved and then to Not Ready in preparation for receiving the call. This is also reflected in the CAD.

When UCCX tries to transfer the call to the agent's extension (7150) though things fall apart. Looking at the UCCX logs (segment attached) this fails at the JTAPI level. Putting the Agent Ready again just repeats the failure. The call remains in the script with the "all agents are busy" message.

The JTAPI stream shows the original call being put on hold at the CTI Port (7206) while a call is placed to the agent in preparation for the transfer. It is this call to the agent that fails.

In the attached log, line 449408 (only small part of log attached) shows a Call.transferFailed to 7150 with RESOURCE_INVALID. Looking earlier though at line 449401 I see a CiscoJtapiException: 0x0(CTIERR_UNSPECIFIED). So I am guessing this is the source of the failure. Unfortunately the description "Unspecified error" does not help me much.

I am guessing there is something not configured properly although I followed the Administration Guide in setting this all up.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I am missing? Thanks.

Correct Answer by Chris Deren about 7 years 8 months ago

This appears to be a common calling search space/parition issue. Ensure that the CTI ports have parition of the agent DN listed in its CSS, also ensure the parition is listed in the calling device, i.e. phone or if call arrives from PSTN the GW.

Phone going into reserved indicates the call is delivered fine from UCCX perspective, but CM is not capable of delivering it.

HTH,

Chris

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Loading.
Correct Answer
Chris Deren Sat, 05/30/2009 - 17:07

This appears to be a common calling search space/parition issue. Ensure that the CTI ports have parition of the agent DN listed in its CSS, also ensure the parition is listed in the calling device, i.e. phone or if call arrives from PSTN the GW.

Phone going into reserved indicates the call is delivered fine from UCCX perspective, but CM is not capable of delivering it.

HTH,

Chris

Actions

This Discussion