Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA9000 firmware upgrade for hardware version 1

afgbuijk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a new site with 1 SPA9000 and 4 SPA941 telephones.

The customer wants to add another SPA941 to the telephone system, but the box does not support more than 4 users, or a license upgrade must be purchased.

I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade a SPA9000 with hardware version 1.0.0 (3359) to software version 5.2.5?

In that case, a license upgrade wouldn't be necessary.

On the Cisco support site, I found a software version 5.2.5 but the upgrade fails so I pressume that it is for a later hardware version.

If it is possible, can somebody steer me in the right direction where to download the software version 5.2.5 for hardware version 1.0.0 (3359).

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Frank Buijk

4 Replies 4

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Frank,

Contact me at paborn at Cisco.com and I will send you 5.2.5 for SPA9000 v1 hardware.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Patrick,

Please note that I contacted you a few times at your cisco e-mail address and that you never responded to me.

Also I was never forwarded with the requested firmware. Just for the record of this forum.

Yes, I checked my logs of the mail-server and yes, it was accepted correctly by the Cisco mail server.

Cheers,

Frank Buijk

Hi Frank,

Thanks for not giving up. I apologize for the lack of response. I receive more email than I can deal with and rely heavily on filters and searches of my inbox.

Firmware can be downloaded from here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9923

This link off of the previous page allows anonymous firmware downloads: http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/solutions/small_business/products/firmware.html

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

afgbuijk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Patrick,

No worries, I can relate to that. Thanks for forwarding the links.

Yesterday I also received a message from Stephen Retzlaff with some links,

and I was able to download the firmware in question.

Haven't had the time to install it yet, as I am having a little fight with

a SRW224G4 switch which has a web interface issue after a

firmware upgrade.

Thanks for your assistance, it is highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Frank Buijk

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: