Helpful
Replies

adding conference bridge to CUCM 6.1

David28
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Maybe someone has done this before:

At the moment it's not possible to make conference calls with external (over pstn) useres with CUCM 6.1. I have a 7206VXR Router (H.323 Gateway) with a PA-VXA-1TE1-30+ and a PA-VXC-2T1E1+ card in it. Last one has 30 DSPs on it. I want to add a IOS conference bridge to Callmanager using that DSPs on the 7206VXR router to allow conferencing and transcoding.

Callmanager Version is 6.1

IOS Version is 12.4.25 (IP)

What settings do I have to use on callmanager and what do I have to configure on the router?

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

as an alternative, depending on your dsp resources on your 7206, have you tried implementing DSP Farming yet?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080334294.shtml

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

part of it, yes. I started with this:

Gateway#configure terminal

Gateway(config)#sccp

Gateway(config)#sccp local FastEthernet 0/0

Gateway(config)#sccp ccm >IP< priority 1

but it is not possible to enter any command starting with "sccp".

Could it be, that I only have to configure the dspfarm part and then the system is intelligent enough that it uses the dsp resources on the gatway for conferencing?

Prerequisites for Conferencing and Transcoding for Voice Gateway Routers

DSP Resources

The router must be equipped with one or more of the following network modules or voice DSP modules to provide DSP resources for conferencing, transcoding, and hardware MTP services:

•NM-HD-1V

•NM-HD-2V

•NM-HD-2VE

•NM-HDV2

•NM-HDV2-1T1/E1

•NM-HDV2-2T1/E1

•NM-HDV1

•NM-HDV-FARM1

•PVDM-256K1

•PVDM2 on Cisco 2800 series or Cisco 3800 series

Cisco CallManager and Cisco IOS Interoperability Guide

Configuring Enhanced Conferencing and Transcoding for Voice Gateway Routers

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/interop/intcnf2.html

Table 25-1 Conference Bridge Types

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmsys/a05confb.html#wp1035431

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Ok, that helps. If I understand it correct, it is not possible to add a IOS conference bridge to Callmanager if not one of the above DSP Modules is installed on the router. Right?

But how can I use the 30 DSPs that are on the PA-VXC-2T1E1+ card? Are they useless? Or is it somehow possible to configure them that conferencing could still be enabled in this voice network with the given hardware?

Ok, here is the confirmation from TAC Engineer:

PA-VXA-1TE1-30+

I checked on this and found that the PA can use their DSPs only for voice termination

As per the information I have from 2003

“ The 7200 platform cannot natively use its DSPs for transcoding or conferencing. I have checked

same and indicating that there is nothing currently on the roadmap to support this.

The customer will have to offload the transcoding and conferencing function to another site with C5510-based or NM-HDV C549-based DSPfarms.“

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: