cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Resolving Alias devices - LMS 3.1 on Solaris 9

kviola1
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if there is a way to export or copy/paste the devices that are in an alias state? I would like to be able to export the RME devices and all related Alias devices, if possible. The Resolve Alias Device pane lists the RME devices but you cannot select the devices, then copy/paste. The list does not have an export option. Is there a command line option that can extract all devices in RME that are in an alias state and also pull the associated alias devices? I have about a 800 devices in an alias state. I would like to remove all of them and all thier associated devices from the DCR and then just rediscover the devices.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, this is not doable. As a workaround, get the HTML source for the Alias Devices page. That should list all of the aliases among the HTML code. It's not pretty, but it should make cleaning up DCR a little easier for you.

Thanks Joe - that's half of it - it only lists the RME devices. You have to click to show alias devices individually. If the function ShowAliasDevices102OnClick() can be called in a batch routine, ie executing java /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/nm/rmeng/inventory/dm/ui/action/AliasDevicesAction.class with proper syntax and IP/hostname as an input parameter; it may be possible to feed the RME devices into a batch process to output all aliases. Does that sound far fetched? I'm just pulling straws but hoping there is a way.

Thanks.

No, that is not possible. There is nothing executable in that class. I don't see any other workaround in this case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: