cu520 7.0.3 and cca2.0 - installation should be easier for SME products

Unanswered Question
May 30th, 2009

HI All,

I just completed upgrading an inhouse system with the latest software, installed the latest CCA and defaulted the 520 and cue to factory defaults.

Now I found it easy to get handsets working no problems.

Voicemail though wass playing up.

I went through and set up the numbers to call for VM and AA and prompt management, but couldnt dial them through the phone.

I had to go into CLI and add dial-peers.

Now the MWI isnt working another issue which i still have to look at.

Also when i create a blast group and have the final destination as voicemail... it gets busy after the timeout expires even though i can ring voicemail now.

Next issue  - if you put the system in PBX mode, then you add a CO line to a handset it puts the system back to key system mode...

Seems to me that CCA and CCC are good for basic dial tone installations but as soon as you want to do anything half tricky CLI needs to be used or indeed the system cant do it.

The whole point to my rant is the system needs and GUIs need to be more feature rich and easier to install if they want to be anywhere near as good as some of the other systems such as Panasonic or Samsung.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Marcos Hernandez Sun, 05/31/2009 - 12:08

We will be looking into this. All the configuration options you describe are supported and there is no reason why the CLI sent to the UC500 by CCA should be missing any of the parameters you mention.

Thanks,

Marcos

David Trad Sun, 05/31/2009 - 20:30

Hi John,

Which version of CCA-2 were you using?

CCA-2.0 (O.0MON)

or

CCA-2.0 Final?

In the beta version it had some of these funny quirks, but the final version is by far more polished.

Can you confirm please.

Cheers,

David.

Marcos Hernandez Mon, 06/01/2009 - 20:38

Hi,

We verified that CCA creates dial-peers for the VM pilot, AA pilot and prompt management as expected. We also confirmed that creating a CO line in PBX mode does not alter the mode setting in CCA. It Is read back as PBX mode.

For the call blast issue, can you please open up Monitor->Report->Telephony->Call Blast Groups to see if configuration looks good there. Also, please make sure that all members' CAll forward no answer (CFNA) values are greater than the group's timeout value.

Let us know,

Marcos

Actions

This Discussion