cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP Microapps-Concatenate Prompt on Menu

mohitbawa2574
Level 1
Level 1

Hi- Does anyone know how to concatenate prompt using CVP 7.02 micro-apps. I am using the Menu step but I have 4 prompts that define that Menu step and need to combine them. I can use a third party utility to combine them but that will not be user friendly when customer wants to change these prompts. Please advise.

7 Replies 7

I don't believe such functionality exists. However, you might be able to do this by using 4 menu microapps. The first 3 will have a wait for entry of 0 seconds while the last one can have a wait time of 3 seconds before it goes back to menu 1. Pretty much you're putting all 4 prompts in a daisy chain. After each menu you have a CED for all possible options. Hope this makes sense.

david

I agree that this is not standard functionality.

You could have three PMs before the Menu but you would have to set barge-in on each of these. As soon as the caller enters a digit, the prompt stops and it carries the digit in the buffer through the next prompts until it hits a Menu type of microapp (the 4th prompt).

This is described on page 194 of the CVP 7 Config Guide. I've never tried it though.

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff,

I can tell you from (a bad and accidental) experience, this functionality does work as you explain it.

Cheers,

Chad

Thank you, Chad.

Regards,

Geoff

For the first three prompts (Play Media), ensure that the Configuration Parameters is set to "N" (without quotes), and just before the fourth prompt (Menu), place a Set node, and set Call.CallerEnteredDigits to "". We use this setup a lot in our environment without failure, and it sounds quite seamless.

Interesting. That's somewhat opposite to what I was saying - you have turned off "barge in". How does the caller interrupt the first (or second, or third) prompt?

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff - You are absolutely correct. If the user wants to interrupt the first three, then they can leave the Config Settings NULL, and the CED will pass to the CED node after the last prompt.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: